• Announcements

• GreatMarko

Forum Upgrades   01/29/2016

Hi Folks,   As you may have noticed if you're a regular visitor to our forums, things look a little different as our forums have just undergone a significant upgrade and now have a fresh new look!  We're aware that there are one or two little "niggles" with the upgrade that still need ironing out, but we're on the case, and normal service will be resumed shortly!   In the meantime, if you've got a problem with a BitTorrent product, but are unable to post about it in the forums, you can also find support via the following links: BitTorrent Client Help Center BitTorrent Sync Help Center BitTorrent Bundle Help Center BitTorrent Bleep Help Center   Thank you for your patience as we work to improve your forum experience! UPDATE: 1st Feb - We're currently investigating issues with notifications - earlier issues that may have been preventing some users from logging in have now been resolved. UPDATE: 2nd Feb - Looking for the BitTorrent Sync forums? They've moved to http://forum.getsync.com (you can use your existing BitTorrent forum credentials to login)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest kounteron

Error : Access is Denied

12 posts in this topic

I just got this error while downloading a torrent on BitTorrent 7.2.1. I am using WinXP SP2. What to do? how do i fix it?

Have you tried downloading to a different location?

Have you verified the security properties of your download folder to make sure your user account has full control?

I just got this error while downloading a torrent on BitTorrent 7.2.1. I am using WinXP SP2. What to do? how do i fix it?

I've had this issue too. Every new torrent I download will download a few kB, and then come up with error: access is denied. I've disabled my indexing and briefly turned off my antivirus, but the same thing happened. Does anyone know how this can be rectified?

Thanks,

enapets21

Have you tried downloading to a different location?

Have you verified the security properties of your download folder to make sure your user account has full control?

im haveing the same problem. iv tried two programs on this compter and they both will download .3% of the file and then give the access error. and im running windows 7 64 bit. iv tryed diffrent download locations. diffrent websites. diffrent torrents.

Without warning after many days of problem-free operation the files which I had completed downloading and which I was making available to others started showing the Error: Access Denied status. I tried forced download, forced re-check followed by download, etc., without success. What can I do to make the files available to others again?

yes harold ive tried all those things and still get the same error message!! help!!

I was having this problems but seems like I have fixed this. Here is what I have done:

I have allowed full access to the destination folder (on the proprieties of the folder)

So I deleted the file from bitTorrent (only from bitTorrent, not from mine computer)

And then I opened it again with bitTorrent.

Sorry about my english, I'm from Brazil.

Hope it helps someone!

Hi

For any access folder you must have permission. This is reason why is access denied.