Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

Error : Access is Denied

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_kounteron_*

Guest_kounteron_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:34 AM

I just got this error while downloading a torrent on BitTorrent 7.2.1. I am using WinXP SP2. What to do? how do i fix it?

#2 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

Have you tried downloading to a different location?
Have you verified the security properties of your download folder to make sure your user account has full control?

#3 Guest_enapets21_*

Guest_enapets21_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:44 AM

I just got this error while downloading a torrent on BitTorrent 7.2.1. I am using WinXP SP2. What to do? how do i fix it?

I've had this issue too. Every new torrent I download will download a few kB, and then come up with error: access is denied. I've disabled my indexing and briefly turned off my antivirus, but the same thing happened. Does anyone know how this can be rectified?

Thanks,
enapets21

#4 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:44 AM

Have you tried downloading to a different location?
Have you verified the security properties of your download folder to make sure your user account has full control?

#5 Guest_matthew_*

Guest_matthew_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:46 PM

im haveing the same problem. iv tried two programs on this compter and they both will download .3% of the file and then give the access error. and im running windows 7 64 bit. iv tryed diffrent download locations. diffrent websites. diffrent torrents.

#6 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

And about my question?

#7 Guest_Lamar_*

Guest_Lamar_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

Without warning after many days of problem-free operation the files which I had completed downloading and which I was making available to others started showing the Error: Access Denied status. I tried forced download, forced re-check followed by download, etc., without success. What can I do to make the files available to others again?

#8 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

And about my question?

#9 Guest_Syrobo_*

Guest_Syrobo_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:32 PM

yes harold ive tried all those things and still get the same error message!! help!!

#10 Guest_M_*

Guest_M_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

I am getting this problem on only one torrent :( Help Using win 7 sp1

#11 Guest_João Gabriel_*

Guest_João Gabriel_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

I was having this problems but seems like I have fixed this. Here is what I have done:
I have allowed full access to the destination folder (on the proprieties of the folder)
So I deleted the file from bitTorrent (only from bitTorrent, not from mine computer)
And then I opened it again with bitTorrent.

Sorry about my english, I'm from Brazil.
Hope it helps someone!

#12 Guest_engine_*

Guest_engine_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

Hi

For any access folder you must have permission. This is reason why is access denied.