"cyclic redundancy check"

Guest cebcob

Guest cebcob

hi guys, here's my problem:

when i start downloading some files, bittorrent works right. maybe a little slow, but that's not important right now. the problem is when i reopen bittorrent the day after i started and al my unfinished files are being "checked". some of them won't even start being checked (they say "checked 0%"); some other go up to 30-40% and then say "data error: cyclic redundancy check" and become one of those hideous red arrows. if i make them start again, it happens again, or sometimes it even blocks the program, and i have to close it with my ctrl-alt-canc. in the rare occasions in which it succeeded in checking, it continued to download from when it had stopped; but it stopped again with the same cyclic redundancy check-thing.

how can i get rid of this cyclic redundancy check?

thanks to everyone who will answer!

Guest cebcob

hi guys, here's my problem:

when i start downloading some files, bittorrent works right. maybe a little slow, but that's not important right now. the problem is when i reopen bittorrent the day after i started and al my unfinished files are being "checked". some of them won't even start being checked (they say "checked 0%"); some other go up to 30-40% and then say "data error: cyclic redundancy check" and become one of those hideous red arrows. if i make them start again, it happens again, or sometimes it even blocks the program, and i have to close it with my ctrl-alt-canc. in the rare occasions in which it succeeded in checking, it continued to download from when it had stopped; but it stopped again with the same cyclic redundancy check-thing.

how can i get rid of this cyclic redundancy check?

thanks to everyone who will answer!

sorry, i meant "hideous red X".

Guest cebcob

thank you very much, it worked

actually, i did the scan but it didn't show anything strange. so i just moved the downloading folder to another drive. now it works perfectly.

thanks again!

Archived