Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

Downloads not going in folder, cannot find.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Phase_*

Guest_Phase_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:33 AM

Hello

I'm using window 7, Bittorrent version 7.2.1, I downloaded some music and all seemed to work. I change the download folder to d:/torrents. After download completed I right click and click open containing folder. it's empty.

I can see in save as that it is the right path.

I can also see 7 downloads completed. If I shut down Bittorrent and then restart, I no longer see anything that I have downloaded.

I do a search and unable to find my downloads.

I have used Bittorrent on XP for a long time without any problems.

A file I downloaded was 7GB toke two days I would hate to think it was all for nothing.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

#2 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 4,611 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:39 AM

Were you running BitTorrent as administrator when the downloads were working?
Have you double-checked the security properties on the locations the files were being saved to in order to make sure your user account had ownership AND full control?

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:47 AM

Were you running BitTorrent as administrator when the downloads were working?
Have you double-checked the security properties on the locations the files were being saved to in order to make sure your user account had ownership AND full control?

Forgive me I dont understand your question.

Double check my security settings, how do I do that. Sorry I just installed bittorrent and download some files didn't know I had to change a few things or even know how. With xp I just installed and all worked well.

Are you saying that everything I downloaded is gone, if so How does 7GB just disappear so quick?

Thanks for your help.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:49 AM

I just downloaded a file, i see its finished. But its not in my save folder. What can I do?

#5 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 4,611 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:32 AM

The General tab has a "Save As" entry. That is the location that the files are saving to.
If the security properties of the folder won't let your user account see inside the folder, then search won't find the files. These properties are found in windows explorer.

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

Ok I have changed my security settings to full control. I don't see any of my downloads and search finds nothing. Have lost all my downloads?

#7 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 4,611 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:12 PM

Did you also take ownership and apply the permissions to child objects? (these are options in the security properties screens)

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:12 AM

This is absolutely mind boggling, I have full control, now when I click on folder location I get "Location not available"

#9 Guest_joebrown2020_*

Guest_joebrown2020_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

I have the same problem.

Use bittorrent to download a torrent. The files are all verified and virus-free.

The download finishes, and shows completed in the bittorrent window. It even starts seeding.

If you click 'open containing folder' it is not there.

I have full permission on all folders and made sure there were no security issues blocking my access. I switched the destination folder several times to different drives and re-downloaded but the same issue occurs. Files just don't appear after the download.

The original .torrent files are still there but the results do not appear. A system search also returns no results on the downloaded files.

Very strange....

#10 Guest_rwicks_*

Guest_rwicks_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

When your download has downloaded double left click on download in the bit torrent, a page will open with what you have downloaded but you can not move it till you have removed it from torrent page,this only started about a month ago real pain

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

I have the same problem. Some of the completed downloads goes missing. I wonder where the files go?