Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

Why does Windows 7 crash when launching BitTorrent?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Gabriele

Gabriele

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

Every time I open BitTorrent,in the space of few instants,my notebook crashes and appears a screenful like this http://img205.images...394eb0.jpg,with the initial text DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.I underline the fact that not using BitTorrent,my pc works perfectly.I read in several sites it could be a problem of drivers or something,but I still haven't understood how solving it.The only thing I understood is the name of the problem I can read at the boot,which is,woe is me,BlueScreen.Hoping my pc is not passing to a better life,I thank you for your helping.

#2 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:26 PM

What internet security software?
Are you accessing the internet wirelessly?

#3 Guest_Sam_*

Guest_Sam_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

having the same problem so annoying. can anyone please help?

#4 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:25 PM

Could you please provide the information that I asked for?

#5 Guest_Vic_*

Guest_Vic_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

Every time I open BitTorrent,in the space of few instants,my notebook crashes and appears a screenful like this http://img205.images...394eb0.jpg,with the initial text DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.I underline the fact that not using BitTorrent,my pc works perfectly.I read in several sites it could be a problem of drivers or something,but I still haven't understood how solving it.The only thing I understood is the name of the problem I can read at the boot,which is,woe is me,BlueScreen.Hoping my pc is not passing to a better life,I thank you for your helping.

You messed up the link. Here: http://img205.images...dsc00394eb0.jpg

#6 Guest_Sho_*

Guest_Sho_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

I'm having the same problem, within 3-5 mins of starting bitorrent my comp crashes with blue screen and same info as OP. Using Windows7 and McAfee. I was being repeatedly prompted to sync with the toolbar, so I uninstalled that and it didnt solve the prob:/

#7 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

A recent McAfee update has been known to cause this sort of behavior with BitTorrent and uTorrent.
Unfortunately, until McAfee fixes it, the only way to solve the issue is to uninstall McAfee entirely and replace it with a different package.

#8 Guest_Sho_*

Guest_Sho_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

Arg, damn it! Thx for the info, will have a mess around with McAfee and see if there are any solutions.

#9 Guest_Sho_*

Guest_Sho_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:42 AM

Removed McAfee completely, installed free AGV, problem solved.........

#10 Guest_CRASHHHH_*

Guest_CRASHHHH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

i use NOD32..i also have the same issue of BT crashings...

#11 Guest_Abhishek_*

Guest_Abhishek_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:16 AM

I use Quick heal anti virus, I had same problem from last 1 year, The Blue screen would come and my system will crash whenever I run Bittorrent. I am using Window Vista Though
Now after looking this Blog i have turned off the Firewall and it is working perfect.

Thanks a lot guys