Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

bittorrent not working

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_misty_*

Guest_misty_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

I downloaded Bittorrent about 2 weeks ago and it was working fine, then suddenly it stopped worked. When I click to download a torrent, it doesn't show up in bittorrent anymore. I've tried removing it, but it was no longer showing up in my remove program list, so I manually removed it. There are no traces of it on my computer, yet when I try to redownload it, it's already on my computer and keeps repeating the same issue!

#2 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

Could you provide a screenshot of how the files aren't showing up in BitTorrent please?

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:40 PM

There's nothing to show really... Posted Image

#4 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

Are you able to save the .torrent files then add them to BitTorrent using the File - Add torrent option?

#5 Guest_misty_*

Guest_misty_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

I just tried it and I can! Thank you! Is there a way to switch it back, so I don't have to do it that way?

#6 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

Resetting the default application for torrents in whatever browser you use is probably the best bet. What the steps are depends on what browser you use.

#7 Guest_misty_*

Guest_misty_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:14 PM

google chrome

#8 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:57 PM

wrench button - options - under the hood - downloads - clear auto-opening settings

I'm not sure how to specifically set a file type to download with a specific program, but that will let you reset the settings and re-associate with BitTorrent.

#9 Guest_misty_*

Guest_misty_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:28 AM

Didn't work... I'll just open them through bittorrent I guess... Better than nothing.