• Announcements

• GreatMarko

Forum Upgrades   01/29/2016

Hi Folks,   As you may have noticed if you're a regular visitor to our forums, things look a little different as our forums have just undergone a significant upgrade and now have a fresh new look!  We're aware that there are one or two little "niggles" with the upgrade that still need ironing out, but we're on the case, and normal service will be resumed shortly!   In the meantime, if you've got a problem with a BitTorrent product, but are unable to post about it in the forums, you can also find support via the following links: BitTorrent Client Help Center BitTorrent Sync Help Center BitTorrent Bundle Help Center BitTorrent Bleep Help Center   Thank you for your patience as we work to improve your forum experience! UPDATE: 1st Feb - We're currently investigating issues with notifications - earlier issues that may have been preventing some users from logging in have now been resolved. UPDATE: 2nd Feb - Looking for the BitTorrent Sync forums? They've moved to http://forum.getsync.com (you can use your existing BitTorrent forum credentials to login)
sashadb

'Connecting to Peers"

26 posts in this topic

I have used BitTorrent for a long time, but just recently (within the last two weeks) have been unable to download anything. When I try to download, i get the 'status' of "connecting to peers", but it never starts to download. Any ideas? Thanks so much!!

I have the same problem.

I download stuff from piratebay and i always check to see if there are seeders, but the status is always connecting to peers...

DHT status is "waiting for announce...", both Local Peer Discovery and Peer exchange is working. Other 5 trackers say connection has timed out.

what about the internet security software? It has never raised problems with torrent before which is what i find weird :s

how can i solve that? i really don't know how to work these things properly..

My 'trackers' tab has DHT status 'waiting for announce'; everything else is 'working' as the status... I have not had any change in internet security software or anything else.

It seems that there is a LOT of this happening, as several Forum questions are dealing with this same issue. Could it be something in the program maybe? I have no idea, just wondering, since it seems to be not an isolated problem. Thanks for helping, as I'm SO missing my torrents!!! :)

sashadb, your answer doesn't tell me WHAT internet security software you have installed.

Have you tried with it temporarily uninstalled?

What setup guide did you use to configure bittorrent?

the normal one? i don't know, while installing it the only thing i said i didn't want was the search bar, the rest i let it be

Sasha, have you tried with McAfee temporarily uninstalled yet?

I did. I was able to finish one download; but left it running for 2 days before it finally finished. It had 133 seeders, and was only one song... I wondered if I messed something up trying to 'check for updates', because I've never had a problem until recently, and haven't changed anything on the computer at all. I really appreciate you working with us to figure it out. Thanks so much!

I've checked all of those things, and everything seems to be in order... The 'Status' on the Trackers tab shows nothing for about 5-10 seconds, then reads 'connection timed out'. Any other ideas? Thanks

That indicates that either the tracker is down or your internet security software (or something else in your setup) is blocking things.

Have you tried downloading torrents from http://slackware.com/getslack/torrents.php with all your other torrents either stopped or removed (DO NOT PAUSE)

Trying from that link, I get status 'connection closed by peer'.

Then you definitely have something blocking. The trackers for slackware ARE working.

Maybe some keywords have been added to Access Restrictions/Website Blocking by your server.. now, how to bypass this?? anyone has got any ideas?