Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

Error dhT waiting to log in

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Urmi_*

Guest_Urmi_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:51 AM

HI, My bit torrent was working properly till yesterday, Now it keeps displaying DHT waiting to log in and isnt downloading anymore, I tried pinging and it says request timed out.

Any suggestions on how to get it back online, pleaseee, thanks

#2 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 4,617 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:46 AM

http://torrenthelp.d...leshooting.html has some steps you can try.
What changed yesterday?

#3 Guest_Urmi_*

Guest_Urmi_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:53 AM

Nothing chnaged yesterday, my bit torrent has been working properly for months, out of the blue, it shuts down, torrents show as downloading but nothing is happening. it shows DHT is waiting to log in.
The it goes to DHT o nodes, login and back to DHT waiting to log in.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled bit torrent, I have not loaded any new security software or played around with the privacy setttings on my computer.

I have tried pinging it, it is losing all data during transfer.

That's the extent of my computer literacy, dont what else to do,

please help, thank u.

#4 Guest_RandyLeahy_*

Guest_RandyLeahy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:03 AM

I had the same problem - utorrent had been running fine for months then started showing "DHT waiting to login."The only difference between my problem and yours was that pinging was succesful for me... Anyway, the problem actually lay with Mcafee antivirus software that came with my laptop - the trial period had expired so I uninstalled Mcafee and utorrent now works perfectly. I suppose the Antivirus software must have set up a firewall or port blocking as a lockdown mode.Hope this helps

#5 Guest_jo2p_*

Guest_jo2p_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

how do you ping bittorrent? i have the same issue

#6 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 4,617 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

Try the same steps then. Pinging isn't important.

#7 Guest_jo2p_*

Guest_jo2p_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

ive done everything possible removed firewall, antivirus, or even allowed exceptions, port forwarding,messed with internet settings. and still get dht waiting to login then it changes to 0 nodes. my isp doesnt block anything. any suggestions?

#8 Guest_jo2p_*

Guest_jo2p_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

edit: it was working fine a week ago, but this has been going on since i upped our internet from 5m/10m

#9 Guest_derp_*

Guest_derp_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

mine is logd in but i keeps saying updating....updating.....updating.....updating and my download goos like 1m....200kb/s....100kb/s.....1m/s......and than it goos like 10kb/s for 1 week and it keeps updating.......updating............. -.- ........ ;( ............. FACK!!!!!!!

PLZ HELP