really slow upload speed

Guest cbw

Hello. I'm having problems uploading any higher than 5k. My download speeds are fine, but i'm trying to do my part and upload. I've tried everything at http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992, and no luck. It's not my ISP, modem or router because I run an FTP server and I get about 500k upload on that.

Any suggestions? It's been like this for months.

Thanks for the help

Windows 7

Bittorrent 7.2.1

Maximum upload rate set at 0

300 Max connections

75 max number of connected peers per torrent

10 maximum number of upload slots per torrent & use additional if upload <90&

It's not my ISP, modem or router because I run an FTP server and I get about 500k upload on that.

Unfortunately, running an FTP server isn't an accurate representation of ISP interference levels. It may be your ISP.

Are you using ratio enforcement sites (sometimes referred to as private trackers) exclusively?

Unfortunately, running an FTP server isn't an accurate representation of ISP interference levels. It may be your ISP.

Are you using ratio enforcement sites (sometimes referred to as private trackers) exclusively?

Not exclusively, but yes, one in particular is. While I would like a faster upload speed to improve my ratio with that site, that is not my only motive.

Any upload speed issues with ratio enforcement sites are caused primarily by swarm conditions on those sites not allowing you to upload. No amount of settings changes on your client can solve that.

Finding a high-demand public torrent will better test your connection's upload capability as well as test the possibility of ISP interference.

Archived