Bittorrent Crashing

kasumiii

When I open the program, I get the message 'Windows ran out of memory. Unable to allocate (insert random number) of bytes. Ive tried to uninstall the program, but it wont let me I get the same message whenever I try that as well. I've tried downloading a newer version, but I get that as well. The only way to get it to stop barraging me with the error is to enter task manager and close it from there.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi,

If not too late, you will need to follow the steps below:

1. In Bittorent at Options - Preferences - Advanced Disk cache you need to disable "Override automatic cache size and specify size manually (MB):"

2. In "Windows Control Panel\System and Security\System - Advanced system settings - Advanced - Settings - Advance - Change" you need to set custom paging file as follows:

- Initial size (MB): 2 X physical RAM memory

- Maximum size (MB): 3 X physical RAM memory

To commit page file changes you need to click on "Set" & "OK"

3. In Windows regedit you need to update next key from 0 to 1 (making sure the Hexadecimal option is checked): 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache

4. Restart your computer

Following the steps above you will notice that memory consumption diminishes for Bittorrent and does not encounter problems related to disk overload.

Also i attached some useful screenshots.

Step 1.png

Step 2.png

Step 3.png

task manager.png

Archived