"not Responding"

gridsleep

If I could have back all the time BitTorrent spends "not responding" I could probably live for another hundred years. And the worst part is it causes all the other programs that are running to stop responding. Eventually it starts responding again, maybe after a few agonizing minutes or more, but what the hey? Why does it go through this? What is it doing that is so important that it basically has to put a contention lock on the whole computer? I see this is not an uncommon problem. Is there a common cause? Or maybe a treatment?

• 1 month later...

I'm Having the same problem, IT IS SO ANNOYING. it just keeps saying not responding  then works for a few seconds then no response again and even crashes after so long, i let the torrents run all night but when i got up all i got was Not Responding and a grey screen covering over the torrents, so no downloads, what a waste of time and electric, and the only way i could get my Computer to work was switch it of which mean i have to resart my torrents again. Can Someone help.

Archived