Download Turning Off/on/off/on/off/on....

lkz7665

I have AT&T DSL internet service at a paultry 1.3Mbps top speed.  The problem I'm having is when I am downloading from a torrent and then go to Windows Task Manager and look at my network download speed, I see that the download is turning off and on and off and on constantly.  It goes from top speed to zero and back at seemingly random times. It rarely ever can make it a whole 60 seconds without dropping out.  The download dropouts are for 5-10 seconds duration.

This happens when I am doing nothing else on the computer, all other applications and browsers closed.

My computer is connected directly to the DSL modem, no wireless router involved.

When I download other large files from other places like Dropbox or Google Drive or websites, I don't see any download dropouts.

I have tried two different DSL modems.

When I try the same thing on a Linux computer and a Linux torrent client, same thing. Download constantly turning off and on forever.

Has anybody else ever seen this?  Is it possible that my ISP has something to do with this problem?? I am totally stumped and I have been trying to figure out this problem for a few months now!

Clipboard02_zps092ec3c8.jpg

Clipboard01_zps4f10c468.jpg

Archived