Torrent Not Showing In Job List

darkie500

I was opening a new torrent file, BT prompted me to update which I did, but BT crashed. The program was updated but the job list was empty. When I went to reopen the torrent file, it said the torrent was already on the job list and asked if I wanted to load the trackers from the file giving only the options yes or no. Niether option made the torrent appear on the list. No download is starting, the files are not being created, and I cant seem to get the nonexistant job off the list. I have un and reinstalled the bittorrent client to no avail. I did keep my settings when I un and reinstalled (because I really dont feel like going through all that again), but other than that I am at a lost for how to remedy the problem. I really want this specific torrent. Any ideas on how to clear the job list or fix this problem? Thank you for any help yall can give.

I'm using windows XP and the most recent build of BT.

Thank you very much for your response. Unfortunately that does not seem to be the problem. This seems to be a bug caused by the crash during the update and/or opening of the torrent file. It even says on the side bar that zero torrents are open. However, because BT seems to think it is on the list already, it is not allowing me to start the torrent. The only thing I can think of that I haven’t tried yet is to un then reinstall BT and have it delete the settings this time (which like I said I really don’t want to do. Especially if it doesn’t fix the problem). I was hoping there was a file somewhere for the job list that I could delete or clear manually. Or maybe there was an option somewhere that would allow me to clear the job list completely without having to be able to select the job itself, which of course I cannot do. Thank you again for any help anyone can provide.

This is the only problem with BT I have not been able to fix quickly. Otherwise, Bit Torrent kicks the butt!!!

Shoot! I dug a little deeper and found the expandable menu on the side bar for the hidden torrents and sure enough it was there. I wonder why it was hidden, but at this point who cares! I am so stoked to have this issue resolved. Thank you very very much Mr. Harold. You rock!

• 2 weeks later...

This exact same thing has happened to me also. While trying to add a torrent to download I was asked to update, so I did and now the torrent is not in the list but the client thinks it is. If I add a new torrent it says its #2 in the list but there is no #1 torrent. Its not hidden or being downloaded because theres no folder for that #1 torrent. How do we fix this? How can we clear the torrent list? Uninstalling didnt do anything.

Archived