Bittorrent Data Send Error: Server Closed The Connection 10054

F4LLCON

Hello guys,

I am trying to fix my download speeds. Whenever I run the BitTorrent Setup Guide to test my Bandwidth and Network, Bandwidth get's an error. 

I already found what is causing the problem, but I can't fix it.

What I've done:

1. Port TCP/UDP forward in my router 

2. Added the TCP/UDP ports to my firewall

3. Added BitTorrent to my firewall applications with allowed all option

4. Added BitTorrent to my allowed antivirus applications

5. Disabled randomize port each start in BitTorrent preference

6. Port used for incoming connection: the same as I put in my firewall and router

7. Enable UPnP port mapping

8. Enable NAT-PMP mapping

9. Add windows firewall exception

10. Windows firewall is being commanded by AVG, nothing special found in windows firewall. BitTorrent is added to windows firewall.

11. In Internet Options -> Security -> Custom Level, I've enabled 'Access data sources across domains'. 

12. Right bottom corner of BitTorrent I've disabled DHT / also tested with DHT enabled

Whenever AVG security 2015 is fully enabled:

Results: PORT is open in BitTorrent. So Network is OK. Green mark in BitTorrent Setup Guide. 

Results: Bandwidth has a red mark with error 10054.

Whenever I disable my AVG firewall:

Results: PORT is open in BitTorrent. So Network is OK. Green mark in BitTorrent Setup Guide. 

Results: Bandwidth has a red mark with error 10054.

Whenever I disable AVG protection, but enable AVG firewall:

Results: Bandwidth has a GREEN mark, Upload 1MB/s, download 12MB/s.

So the problem is not my firewall, but the AVG protection. How can I fix this?

UPDATE: I've restarted my PC, and with the settings described above, my download speeds are higher. The bandwidth test is still red, but I read that's not important right? Anyways, download is fast again after pc restart.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I know this post is over a year old. I found it looking for a resolution to this same problem.

I had exactly the same problem, with this error code , with the Bandwidth test., and did everything here too.

So when I finally fixed it,  I figured I would share it here for anyone like me searching for a resolution too..

I use Ethernet 99% of the time.  So I went in "Network & sharing center " to see if the LAN / Ethernet Network adapter was out of configuration,  And  that's when I saw  the "VWware- VMnet, Network ",  listed where it says  "View your active networks".

I totally forgot all about Virtual networks.

So I clicked   "change adapter settings", on the far left,  then right clicked the virtual adapter, and clicked "Disable" . Then ran another torrent setup test.

BINGO, All is green.

So make sure to check ANY & ALL network connections coming from your PC, and / or how they are configured.

Archived