Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

Cant Open or Uninstall

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jsteve_*

Guest_jsteve_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

I was successfully downloading using version 7.5 however once I upgraded to version 7.6 I have not been able to download or uninstall Bit Torrent. Any advice----thanks

#2 karenw

karenw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

What exactly are you experiencing? Anything in the control panel or can you uninstall it from the start menu?

#3 Guest_shanman_*

Guest_shanman_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:12 AM

even i ahve same problem there is no roo can be see to uninstall this file try to help me guys...

#4 Guest_kiddo.._*

Guest_kiddo.._*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:15 AM

Plz help me guys there is no root to remove this file very... hopeless site is this bit torrent can'tt even help to remove permanently,
Sue... you bit torrent Co.

#5 Guest_Zeno_*

Guest_Zeno_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

need help with this too

#6 Guest_Shelly_*

Guest_Shelly_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

My Bittorrent will run when I start up my computer, as it always has. But I can't actually open the program...it just stays on my bar at the bottom. Its using almost ALL of my computer's memory for some reason. I have tried uninstalling, but nothing happens. It won't even let me delete the main file in program files. PLEASE HELP!! I just got a brand new computer and Bittorrent is making it impossible to enjoy. I can't even update. I just want it gone. Please help.

#7 Guest_Beth_*

Guest_Beth_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME TOO! What is going on??? HELP!

#8 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,203 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

With BitTorrent closed, go to %appdata%\bittorrent (put that in the address bar of a windows explorer window) and delete settings.dat and settings.dat.old

#9 Guest_kalber_*

Guest_kalber_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

With BitTorrent closed, go to %appdata%\bittorrent (put that in the address bar of a windows explorer window) and delete settings.dat and settings.dat.old

Thank you very much!! This worked perfectly! :D :D

#10 Guest_Tru Zo_*

Guest_Tru Zo_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

Thank you very much!! This worked perfectly~ Me too !!

#11 Guest_kipper_*

Guest_kipper_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

Im having same problems its been running fine dont upgrade i cant open cant even uninstall brand new laptop i cant use ill try the harold feit solusion

#12 Guest_MeganP_*

Guest_MeganP_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

*bows down* You're a life saver, man. :o)