Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

downloads are very slow

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mypuk_*

Guest_Mypuk_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:04 PM

since I've updated BitTorrent to 7.2.1. it is damn slow, max. reached speed (all donwloads) is 42 kb/s.
does anyone know how to fix it?
  • hatman likes this

#2 Guest_George_*

Guest_George_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

Mine too the download is very very slow i don't know what to do can someone from Bit torrent team help us ?

#3 Guest_caleb_wolff_*

Guest_caleb_wolff_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

did you guys get your answer? Last week my dl speed was almost 1 gb, like right around 8-850kbs, now I'm lucky if I get 12kbs

#4 SOGLAD

SOGLAD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:00 AM

since I've updated BitTorrent to 7.2.1. it is damn slow, max. reached speed (all donwloads) is 42 kb/s.

Yawl got to help us help you! More information please...

* How are your download speeds when using your browser to download files from there?
* How about the web pages? Are the pages "peppy" and "normal" as you move from site to site?
* Can you watch online video from CNN or similar video sites without problems?
* Have you tried a Site that will test your download/upload speeds?

TEST YOUR SPEED HERE !

Just be sure to click on a dot somewhat far from you, like coast to coast or some other significant distance. You CAN also test connection speeds out of your country, but I would not recommend that because many times those providers offer crippled bandwidth speeds and your test results can be misleading.

This site will also compare your speeds to others using your same Internet provider, like Verizon or AT&T... It's a nice feature to see if you are up to snuff with others using that same Internet provider.

Also there are settings within Torrent programs that set and limit upload and download speeds. IF you have changed ANY of these settings and are not sure about what you are doing, please set them all back to default.

Find these setting in BitTorrent in Options then select Preferences and then Bandwidth... the top three items should be set to zero. This will reset BitTorrent to maximum upload and download speeds!

There are also free tools you can download that will optimize your Internet connection... just hunt for one that is compatible with your operating system, like XP, Vista and Windows 7. If your system is a 64bit system be sure to get a program designed to work with 64bit systems.

I recently had a problem here with the rain! Seems somewhere between me and the office the wires got wet and that crippled my Internet speed significantly! The phone company (AT&T) had so many complaints that it took a full week to my get service restored. IF you are a DSL subscriber critically LISTEN to your phone line for any signs of static or even a hint of popping noises.

Finally I have heard Leo Laporte report a few times that some Internet providers are now limiting bandwidth for downloads for some file types and efforts... not good. How on earth do they hope to provide access to Netflix and other pay sites? And who knows, maybe the providers think even YouTube is a bandwidth hog and they may limit bandwidth access there too?

I hope this helps you!

I remain,
SOGLAD

#5 Guest_kameleon20_*

Guest_kameleon20_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

It's because of the d**ned upload speed. I had the same problem.
When I limited the upload speed to 5kb/sec I could download at full speed again.

BUT somehow after a while it began to upload at full speed again and is ignoring the upload limit (even if i set the download manually to 1kb/sec).
I've downloaded an older version now and gonna wait until they finally get things straight again.

#6 SOGLAD

SOGLAD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

It's because of the d**ned upload speed. I had the same problem.
When I limited the upload speed to 5kb/sec I could download at full speed again.

BUT somehow after a while it began to upload at full speed again and is ignoring the upload limit (even if i set the download manually to 1kb/sec).
I've downloaded an older version now and gonna wait until they finally get things straight again.

WOW!

Thank you for letting everyone know what you've discovered. Please let us know if a older version solves your problem.

I thank all of the BitTorrent software Wizards too! Let's hope that IF it's a bug that there will be a easy-fix for the BitTorrent crew.

SOGLAD

#7 Guest_Dsithlord_*

Guest_Dsithlord_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

I have found that when I have 4 files downloading at one time I get good speeds. However, once I go up to like 7 or 8 my speed drops down to under 20 kb/s for all file and will only go back to their normal speeds after a full restart. If anyone knows a way around this that would be great. Other than that I will keep downloading only a few files at a time. Nice upgrade this time!

#8 MMK

MMK

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:21 PM

Mine is slow too. Why can't I make any topics here? Is it because I'm new? Anyway, can somebody tell me if the updated version of the Bittorrent for Mac is for all versions(such as 10.4 and not just 10.5 and up), because I have 10.4 and it's like an old Mac.

#9 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

Anyway, can somebody tell me if the updated version of the Bittorrent for Mac is for all versions(such as 10.4 and not just 10.5 and up), because I have 10.4 and it's like an old Mac.

The current version is for 10.5 and up only.

#10 SOGLAD

SOGLAD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:44 PM

Mine is slow too. Why can't I make any topics here? Is it because I'm new? Anyway, can somebody tell me if the updated version of the Bittorrent for Mac is for all versions(such as 10.4 and not just 10.5 and up), because I have 10.4 and it's like an old Mac.

Re: Why can't I make topics...

MMK

I'm quite new myself, but I think as a visitor you are only allowed to reply to existing Posts, not start them... but I can be very wrong about that.

I registered and could post new topics almost instantly!

SOGLAD

#11 Guest_RAYMART_*

Guest_RAYMART_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:02 PM

i'm finally reaching the end of my download .. my bit torrent is 7.2.. and when it has gone to 96 percent the download speed i had i 0.6 kbps!!!wtf.. pls help.. what's the problem of my bit torrent!!!

#12 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:04 PM

If the listed availability "Avail. column" shows 0.96 (or something around there) then it stopped because you have all of the pieces that are available.
And if that is the case, then there's nothing wrong with bittorrent. Only the specific torrent you're downloading.

#13 Guest_RAYMART_*

Guest_RAYMART_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:15 PM

is the torrent already complete??or or my download is complete?

#14 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

Until you're at 100% done, your download isn't complete.
Until availability is over 1.0, you CAN'T complete.

#15 Guest_RAYMART_*

Guest_RAYMART_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:15 AM

my download is already at 96.6 and my ETA is 1y 6w aWWWWWWW!!!!! is there any ways to boost up the download speed again????

#16 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:13 AM

If The availability is 0.966 or 0.967, nothing you can do directly will help your speed on that particular torrent. In that case, you MUST contact whatever site you got the torrent from (no, not ours) for a reseed.

#17 Guest_Hattie_*

Guest_Hattie_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

Hello
I have recently downloaded BitTorrent 7.2.1 and am downloading a large file
It is being very slow about 4.2kbs the majority of the time with all my other internet uses running perfectly fine but every now and then it goes into the 300.0kbs how can i keep it running there?
Thanks

#18 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

You would need to configure your settings properly for your connection, and even then, there's no guarantees that it would help.

However, due to the repeated off-topic hijacking and unrelated issues coming up in this topic, I must close it.

#19 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

Troubleshooting steps that may help with speed issues can be found at http://forum.utorren...ic.php?id=15992