Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

BitTorrent 7.2.1

• Page 2 of 8
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
149 replies to this topic

#21 Cristian

Cristian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

I successfully update version 7.2 to 7.2.1 and it works nice, thanks; But Where can I download Help (.chm) file for 7.2.1 version? when I use F1 key nothing happen and no help file download!

Same here.

#22 Firon

Firon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

I installed 7.2.1, start downloads and after about 5-7minutes my machine BSOD with an IO NET error. Tried the following:

- changed from n+ wireless to g wireless
- changed to hardwire, wireless turned off
- changed to 1 download stream to try and see if contention in traffic

I never had any issue like this with other versions. My other apps have no issue with the network at all.

Running Windows 7 Professional-64bit please post link to the earlier versions. As for security holes, I am sorry but BSOD my machine is not a great protection. I can live with the little risk please....

It sounds like there's a problem with your network drivers. What wireless card do you have? Have you tried updating its drivers yet?
A BSOD can only be caused by a bug in the driver itself, due to the way Windows works.

#23 Guest_Faisal Khan_*

Guest_Faisal Khan_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

when adding a ".torrent file" i select a file to download and deselect other file/s (so that i dont want to download them) , if i pause the download , in the background , the deselected file also gets downloaded , how do i avoid this ?

#24 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

Because of cross-file pieces and the way the "Pause" function works, you actually can't avoid this.

#25 Guest_guest_dt_*

Guest_guest_dt_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:56 AM

Which version of Microsoft Windows do you have installed?

from earlier posting

Running Windows 7 Professional-64bit

#26 Guest_guest_dt_*

Guest_guest_dt_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:01 AM

It sounds like there's a problem with your network drivers. What wireless card do you have? Have you tried updating its drivers yet?
A BSOD can only be caused by a bug in the driver itself, due to the way Windows works.

Normally I would agree 100% but... running on a Dell 1510 Wireless-N WLAN mini. Like I posted, all drivers up to date, even tried hardwire network. I have been runnnig 7.2 since that posting and not one issue. So in this case, I wonder if there is some socket level traffic messing up? did this version change the way it chats on the network?

#27 Guest_guest_dt_*

Guest_guest_dt_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:03 AM

Could there be something Win7-Professional 64-bit?

#28 Cristian

Cristian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

Could there be something Win7-Professional 64-bit?

No. I'm using Windows 7 Professional x64 and I have no problem with BitTorrent 7.2.1.

#29 Guest_asiansmelly_*

Guest_asiansmelly_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

I want my green Bittorent icon back!!! Purple is such an ugly colour! Why, oh, why, did it have to be purple?! :angry:

Can you guys make it so that you can at least choose a green icon? Please? Really pretty please? I'm begging you!

#30 Guest_asiansmelly_*

Guest_asiansmelly_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

i neeed u help me please how to download games or movie or muisc other thinking download

please help me <_< :(

#31 Guest_lala_*

Guest_lala_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

i don't have any problems withit.. its just means that you didn't follow the instructions well

#32 Guest_darriel_*

Guest_darriel_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:47 PM

My PC freezes after a few seconds when I start bittorrent.
I tried it a few times also with firewall and virusscanner off but it still freezes.
I read in the forum on this site someone saying updating his Windows worked for him, i tried it but that didn't work for me as well.
An other 'solution' of someone in the forum was to install an older version of bittorrent.
I installed v6.2 and everything works again without freezing my PC.

I'm using XP service pack 3

Greetings, Chris

hey bro, have you checked your system for spyware ? haD a similar prob with my wifes laptop. its xp sp3 as well. ran the iobit advanced system care once then deleted it. now bittorent works fine.. you can find it at majorgeeks in theyre top freeware picks. hope this helps. POWER TO FREEDOM AND FREESHARE LOL.

#33 Guest_Jack_*

Guest_Jack_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:08 AM

I do like BitTorrent 7.2.1. But the only problem I have is that the bittorrent does go fast under certain settings, but it uses a lot of bandwith, so much that it hogs it. However aside from that, I love it! Keep up the good work.

#34 Guest_Casey_*

Guest_Casey_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

Hi guys,
I'm a bit of a 'noob' some might say, but I'm having trouble with my bittorrent as well.
When I used to use it I downloaded stuff at around 1-1.5 mb/s. I was more than happy with this speed, but recently (possibly after updating) things are taking forever.
I have tried lots of different torrents from different sources so I don't think its bad seeds or anything.
Can anyone help? :)

#35 Guest_Mr. Goodwrench_*

Guest_Mr. Goodwrench_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

I'm using XP w/service pack 3 - no install or user problem's at all - version 7.2.1 works perfectly
obviously some people have issues - But I can download lighting fast 24 hrs a day.
BitTorrent Rules !

#36 Guest_amanda_*

Guest_amanda_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:19 AM

i downloaded 7.2.1 and now i can't download anything anymore... any suggestions?

#37 Cristian

Cristian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

i downloaded 7.2.1 and now i can't download anything anymore... any suggestions?

Click on the torrent, and go to tab trackers and tell us what is showing at status of the tracker.

#38 Guest_Peter_*

Guest_Peter_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

my downloads have slipped speed considerbaly post upgarde to 7.2.1??/ pls adv

#39 Guest_Vegas al_*

Guest_Vegas al_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:57 AM

I recently downloaded the new version 7.2.1 and every time I d/l something it kicks me off too, if I exit it before I go online it is fine...... I dunno

#40 Guest_Jimmy Tiger_*

Guest_Jimmy Tiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:20 AM

Hello´╝îI knew from the internet that the source code of BitTorrent client software is opened to the public. But I can't find where I can download the source code of it in your website. Would you like tell me where I can download the source code ? Thank you very much!

• Page 2 of 8