Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

ut toolbar client requested access to bittorrent

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bling123_*

Guest_bling123_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

I am very annoyed because every time I open a internet page or just open bit torrent a popup pops up and it says " uT Toolbar Client has requested access to BitTorrent. Do you want to allow access? If you did not initiate this request, press NO" So I keep pressing "no" but it keeps popping up and its driving me nuts!! Is there any way of getting this to stop? Should I say "yes?"

#2 Guest_slim_*

Guest_slim_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hi there I've had the same problem, but I think it is fixed now.

Try going into control panel and uninstalling the BitTorrentBar - I just did this and it has not affected the performance of BitTorrent itself. You then need to go into your browser and delete this toolbar (eg in Chrome you need to go to settings/extensions to do this)

#3 Guest_brad_*

Guest_brad_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

Yep....f*** bitorrent for this one. It is installed and I did EVERYTHING to not install any tool bars during installation.

#4 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Yep....f*** bitorrent for this one. It is installed and I did EVERYTHING to not install any tool bars during installation.

Including uncheck all three checkboxes on the toolbar page of the installer?

#5 Guest_aaron_*

Guest_aaron_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

This is exactly what I needed, worked like a charm for me. And I couldn't find settings/extensions but I just right clicked right underneath the address bar and clicked toolbar settings (which is probably what you meant) and there was a check box with bittorrent toolbar beside it. I unchecked it, before all this uninstalled BitTorrentBar and so far so good. THANK YOU.

#6 Guest_Erik_*

Guest_Erik_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

Including uncheck all three checkboxes on the toolbar page of the installer?

It seems to be a known problem that BitTorrent's and uTorrent's installers ignore those check boxes.

#7 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

It seems to be a known problem that BitTorrent's and uTorrent's installers ignore those check boxes.

According to what exactly? If you actually uncheck all three of the boxes on the toolbar page of the installers of those applications, the toolbar won't install.

#8 Guest_Gavan_*

Guest_Gavan_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

You may uninstall this software at any time and with no limitations, using the standard uninstall procedures as offered with your computer's operating system or your Internet browser.

Internet Explorer users
Click the Start button and then select Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
In the list of programs, find the BitTorrentBar toolbar, select it, and click Change/Remove.

Firefox users
In the Firefox browser menu, select Add-ons > Extensions.
Select the BitTorrentBar Community Toolbar.
Click Remove.

Safari users
Open the Finder application and browse to Applications.
Scroll down to Toolbars and click on BitTorrentBar.
Double-click on “Uninstall”.
Fill in the “User name & Password” and click the OK button.

Chrome users
In the Google Chrome browser, go to chrome://extensions/.
Find BitTorrentBar in the list.
Click Uninstall.

#9 Guest_kasia_*

Guest_kasia_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

thank you slim and Gavan I had the same problem and yours solution seems to work, thanks :)

#10 Guest_raz0rburn_*

Guest_raz0rburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

According to what exactly? If you actually uncheck all three of the boxes on the toolbar page of the installers of those applications, the toolbar won't install.

It still installed the toolbar on my pc and I unchecked them all.

#11 Guest_NatCaro_*

Guest_NatCaro_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

Thank you!! I was having the same problem and now it seems to be solved!

#12 Guest_kim_*

Guest_kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:15 AM

thanks to everyone who helped this!:) because it was starting to drive me crazy too:P

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

This was the best answer by far.
Thank you!