Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

BitTorrent version 7.6 released (26730)

• Page 1 of 11
  • Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#1 bigfalls

bigfalls

BitTorrent Product Manager

• Moderators
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

BitTorrent version 7.6 stable

Version 7.6 of BitTorrent has significant changes such as device shifting, streaming, minor UI changes, a health meter (more sophisticated than "availability" but with a simpler UI), a built-in player, remote access and other improvements. All of this is customizable and optional, and has been done while keeping the size profile of the product virtually the same! We hope you like it, and we welcome your feedback.

For a brief, colorful description of these changes and how to customize this new version to your liking, click here.

#2 Guest_arman roces_*

Guest_arman roces_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:41 AM

Great!

#3 Guest_Jo_*

Guest_Jo_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:58 AM

I can't seem to find any way to have the new version ask me where to put files, and also let me check what parts of a torrent I want to download, in case I don't want the whole thing. Now the new version doesn't ask and automatically starts downloading the entire file, whether I want it all or not. Is there any way to change this? if not, why did you take away that feature?

#4 Guest_Ariel Lumpas Cobacha_*

Guest_Ariel Lumpas Cobacha_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:10 AM

This is fantastic!

#5 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:54 AM

Jo
http://forum.bittorr...h__1#entry10604

I've been a broken record on that issue the past two months.

#6 Guest_Padre_*

Guest_Padre_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

I installed Version 7.7 (26730) yesterday and now am notified to download and install this same version everytime I restart BitTorrent. BTW, When I clicked on click here above it opens http://download.utor...p/Whats_New.pdf and the heading on the file Whats_New.pdf refers to New version 3.1.. Confusing, I thought it would be ver. 7.6 from BitTorrent.

#7 Guest_Mat_*

Guest_Mat_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:55 AM

Bring back the old version! Why change the colours when I suspect everyone has got used to the olD ONES? Some functionality gone too (as someone else posted, one cannot as far as I can see select up front the files one wants to download. Also up front one cannot select the way that particular file is downloaded...and the font is too damn small....I wish I had not updated.

#8 Guest_RevCovenant_*

Guest_RevCovenant_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:29 AM

There was nothing wrong with the sorting I was used to before. Were I in the know I NEVER would have "upgraded". How do I change to THE more familiar style????

#9 Guest_rainski_*

Guest_rainski_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:02 AM

I can't seem to find any way to have the new version ask me where to put files, and also let me check what parts of a torrent I want to download, in case I don't want the whole thing. Now the new version doesn't ask and automatically starts downloading the entire file, whether I want it all or not. Is there any way to change this? if not, why did you take away that feature?

I noticed that as well, sometimes some of the files are not needed & will just take the download process longer.....

#10 Guest_K S_*

Guest_K S_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:36 AM

#11 Guest_Joe Wallace_*

Guest_Joe Wallace_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:04 AM

I don't like the Completed On saying 1day or two months rather than an exact date and time. This is absolutely necessary for cross referencing and trouble shooting torrents that did not download correctly into a folder. Also, the downloaded column giving number of Mb's downloaded but not a percentage is lame. The tracker column is helpful but i am left wondering if this was a just a scam to get us to pay for bittorrent plus. I am also having problems with bittorrent crashing and having to exit and restart so far not so good on the performance side. I hope this improves or I am going to seriously regret * updating* to Ver 7.6

#12 Guest_Bigbeard_*

Guest_Bigbeard_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

Bring back the old version! Why change the colours when I suspect everyone has got used to the olD ONES? Some functionality gone too (as someone else posted, one cannot as far as I can see select up front the files one wants to download. Also up front one cannot select the way that particular file is downloaded...and the font is too damn small....I wish I had not updated.

I don't like this upgrade either. The old version was straightforward to use.
Why don't you have the options of which version to install and use ... or at least, an easy way to go back to the one that I (and I'm sure, many others) prefer.

#13 Guest_Sir. Anonface_*

Guest_Sir. Anonface_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

Now that the % progress bar and the status field have been merged, I don't know how to sort it by "% completed" and nothing else.
If I click on the "status" header, it sorts the based on status (obviously), and I can't seem to find a way to sort it with 0% on top and 100% at the bottom regardless of status.

As for the new UI, I'm indifferent. I'll get used to it I guess.
I had a problem with a blank row appearing at the top of the torrent list, but that seems to be gone now.

#14 Guest_Matiazzi_*

Guest_Matiazzi_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

Fantastic!!!!

#15 Guest_jeroen_*

Guest_jeroen_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

Looks nice, too bad almost all of my UI settings got reset. Please don't do that again.

#16 Guest_shmickinc_*

Guest_shmickinc_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

If you go into settings, scroll down two to directories. There you can select where you want your down loads to go.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the new version 7.6. I like it.

#17 Guest_shmickinc_*

Guest_shmickinc_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

If you go into settings, scroll down two to directories. There you can select where you want your down loads to go.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the new version 7.6. I like it.

Also Jo, while you are there. Scroll down one to UI settings.Under WHEN ADDING TORRENTS. Select Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advance mode.

#18 DoobieDoobieDoo

DoobieDoobieDoo

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

A couple of things are worse than they were before:

*Completed - now shows incomplete torrents that are: i) not started; ii) those that are at 0.000% downloaded (stopped); iii) those that are not available (0.000% available)
*Update - I updated to 7.6 (build 26730), why is it telling me there is a new version to update to, 7.6 (build 26730)?

I will add anything else if and when I find it.

#19 Guest_izak_*

Guest_izak_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

i just install it really good.

#20 AUDI-A4

AUDI-A4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:07 AM

thankyou for update release notes link :)

• Page 1 of 11