Bittorrent Quiting Unexpectedly

mallorykivy

Hi! I looked through similar topics before posting and none of the replies helped at all. Before I updated to OSX, my Bittorrent Client would "quit unexpectedly" within 220 seconds. I restarted my Mac, updated to OS-X El Capitan, and restarted twice more and I'm still having the same issue. I tried downloading the newer version of the client and I receive the message saying PowerPC apps are no longer supported. This went for uTorrent, qTorrent, and Bittorrent. Help please?  Thank you in advance! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Copied from another thread.

First, go to utilities, then select disk utilities. You should then see lots of BitTorrents mounted that are about 152MB. Eject all of these using the little eject button. Now, use the first aid option on your main disk that has OSX installed on it. 

Next, you need to open BitTorrent and wait for it to crash as usual. *ensure that BitTorrent is closed (quit)*. Now, reopen disk utility from the utilities folder and right click on the newly mounted bittorent image. Now click "show in Finder" or similar. It should open an image where you can drag the application to a shortcut of the applications folder (just like when you install most apps from mounted dmgs).

You should now be able to open BitTorrent and it shouldn't crash any longer as I believe it should have updated. I hope this works for others. I am doing this from memory, but I'm sure that you get the gist of what I am saying.

• 1 month later...

Archived