Background BT

MrPaxo

I've been using Bt for a long time..very happy with it.

Lately, I've noticed that my Malware goes nuts even when I've closed BT and exited it.

In further examination using my Task Manager (Windows 10) I see that BT is still loaded as a background program.

Once I stop that, my malware goes back to sleep.

Is there a way to load and use BT. or better to unload and exit BT, without the background load?

Thanks

Umm. I use Malwarebytes and Norton..

Yes it is "sticking around", as a background process.

I close the BT window, and then right click on its icon in my taskbar and EXIT.

I just now tried to duplicate the problem, and it did NOT show up in my Task manager as a background process, so I'm not sure exactly what is happening.

The symptoms I observed were that AFTER I closed and exited the program, I was still getting Malwarebytes showing it was stopping some sort of invasive process, and when THAT happened, I DID see it in the Windows 10 Task manager as a background process.

I will continue to use BT and see what happens and try to duplicate situation that caused the problem... then perhaps it can better be diagnosed.

Thanks for your reply and interest.

You are gonna think I'm crazy.... I cannot duplicate the problem.

I downloaded a file last night, and then checked out the task manager and BT is NOT a background process.

So, I am baffled as to why it was there before and not now.

Thank for your help HF, but I think this has to go on the back burner until the problem comes up again.

Thanks

Archived