Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

Network Test Result: Port is not open

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 quasimoto

quasimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

First, I apologize if a topic on this subject already exists. I tried to search but even in quotes, I was not allowed to look for the error message.

I upgrade to 7.6 last week. I have not had any problems adding torrents, DL/UL, except a problem with Labels/Categories for which I opened another topic.

However, I did run the Bandwidth and Network tests after I confirmed all my configuration settings were the same (or close to) the ones I previously had entered. The Bandwidth test works fine, but the Network test message reads: "Result: Port is not open. (You are still able to download)"

I have 2 computers and a printer connected with a 5-port fast ethernet switch (hub) hardwired with Cat-5e, but no router. I have a Clear wireless modem with 1.5Mb/s DL - 0.5Mb/s UL. I am running Windows 7 firewall, no firewall on AVG or Avast antivirus, and Norton Internet-Trial version came installed, but I uninstalled it because of its annoying background processes.

I just finished chatting with a rep at Clear and he had me disable the modem firewall, no joy. He told me that Clear does not block any ports or restrict traffic in anyway, so it must be a BitTorrent issue.

Can you give me any guidance or point me in the right direction. An internet search returned a lot of information about port forwarding and wireless routers, but that should not apply in my case. Right?