flushing to disk

Guest diver

After the files are downloaded, the status goes to 'flushing to disk (different no.)', stays there for ever and does not write the file to the HD. How to solvevthis. I have plenty of space in the HD.

I had same problem in version 7.6.

Suddenly whatI downloaded was't written to disk at all.

so, I decided to use version 7.1 and installed it in different directory.

I didn't uninstall version 7.6. but, version 7.1 is working fine.

I hope that next version will be okay about this.

After the files are downloaded, the status goes to 'flushing to disk (different no.)', stays there for ever and does not write the file to the HD. How to solve this. I have plenty of space in the HD.

Same problem with Ver. 7.6. Could not fix it so deleted the torrents and everything in the downloads and reinstalled the torrents, but it repeated with the same Flushing to disk statuses.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SteveC

It's an issue relating to skipping files with the partfile enabled in the advanced preferences.

Either turn off the partfile or stop skipping files.

First, not skipping files is an odd requirement. I often find I need just a few files from a large collection over 1Gb in size. I don't want to have to download the whole collection.

The advanced preferences are marked "do not modify", which is a bit scary. I didn't see a way to search for a particular option, but I did find diskio.use_partfile. I set that to false, with no observable effect. I then exited BT, and restarted.

All the un-flushed data (about 80% of the total) was lost and had to be downloaded again. When the download finished, the torrent went back to "flushing" status. After about 15 minutes, it finally went green and all the files I requested were available.

Did I set the right option, and is this behavior expected? It still seems like a bug to me.

Archived