Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

HELP! No Seeds, No Downloads...Im confused

• Page 1 of 3
  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 abeautifulmystery

abeautifulmystery

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:05 AM

Ok im severely confused. I just started using bit torrent a week ago. I was doing fine with it and everything was working properly until today. Now when I open a torrent for download (ones that I knew had seeds) it is telling me no seeds 0(0) and no availability and all the indicator bars next to the "pieces" section under "files" and the arrow next to the tottent are all red. I have tried using other sites and i have uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing is fixing the problem. What is wrong?

#2 jlee

jlee

BitTorrent Staff

• Employees
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

It sounds like the seeders for those torrents have stopped seeding. Try other torrents/times of the day.

#3 Guest_him_*

Guest_him_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:38 PM

Ok im severely confused. I just started using bit torrent a week ago. I was doing fine with it and everything was working properly until today. Now when I open a torrent for download (ones that I knew had seeds) it is telling me no seeds 0(0) and no availability and all the indicator bars next to the "pieces" section under "files" and the arrow next to the tottent are all red. I have tried using other sites and i have uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing is fixing the problem. What is wrong?

#4 Busator

Busator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:02 PM

same problem , no solution ... :(

#5 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

I've been using bittorrent for years and I'm having a very similar if not the same problem. I'm not getting any incoming connections. No peers or seeders are popping up. Even under new and popular torrents.

#6 Guest_Guest G_*

Guest_Guest G_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:14 PM

You're not alone. Same here!

#7 Guest_Kanak Choudhury_*

Guest_Kanak Choudhury_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:53 AM

I am trying to download a torrent file. I have installed bit torrent. but it is not downloading. it shows DHT: 0 nodes (Login). besides Seeds and peers are zero. I can't understand whether the torrent download option is blocked by the internet provider. How can I check it? I talk to them and they said it is not locked but I don't believe them. What can I do now?

#8 Guest_luvbittorrent_*

Guest_luvbittorrent_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

same problem here

DHT: 0 nodes (Login) besides Seeds and peers are zero

#9 Guest_jesseboy_*

Guest_jesseboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:19 PM

same problem here

DHT: 0 nodes (Login) besides Seeds and peers are zero

i am havving the same issue

#10 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:23 PM

What internet security software do you all have?
What internet provider?

#11 Guest_Joey_*

Guest_Joey_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

I use Cox as my internet provider. I am having the same problem and been using bittorent for years. could it be an update or firewall problem?

#12 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:47 PM

Do OpenOffice torrents give you the same problems?

http://distribution....office.org/p2p/

Joey, you only answered one of my two questions.

#13 Guest_merchant007_*

Guest_merchant007_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:23 AM

Hey same problem here . . . cannot leach, cannot seed . . . McAfee is my internet security provider

#14 Guest_litamichael_*

Guest_litamichael_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:13 AM

what have I done wrong?

#15 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

Could you answer my questions in post 12 please?

#16 Guest_N/A_*

Guest_N/A_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:07 PM

Same here. I've been using it for years, won't work since sunday on both my computers (XP and windows7, different versions of bittorent).

#17 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:51 PM

Who is your internet provider?
Do OpenOffice torrents (from http://distribution....office.org/p2p/) work or not?

#18 Guest_N/A_*

Guest_N/A_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:58 AM

I borrow internet from free wifi (free is a french provider), worked for years, hasn't changed that I know of.
I don't understand your link, do you want me to download new torrents or new torrent platfom? I unistalled bittorent and reinstalled it, tried utorrent from the page you linked, nothing. I'm pretty confident it isn't a torrent problem (it's an eztv torrent, secure and with plenty of seeders).

#19 Guest_N/A_*

Guest_N/A_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:02 AM

utorrent gives me an error message though, about listen port, saying I should change the listen port, which I did with no results.
And when I run the setup guide test, it just freeze. Same happened with bittorrent earlier.

#20 Guest_N/A_*

Guest_N/A_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:05 AM

Sorry for the spam, but to answer your previous question, I've got two differents antivirus : AVG on one computer (and even closed, it doesn't change), Mcafee on the other.

• Page 1 of 3