Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

THe blue screen of deAth

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Systematic_*

Guest_Systematic_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

CaN someone help me out, my bit torrent keeps crashing my laptop, but it only happens when im trying to download stuff. It keeps on going to the blue screen of death then restarts my PC. It is really annoying

#2 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

Bluescreenview can give us more information about the bluescreen and tell us where to start.

#3 Guest_Systrematic_*

Guest_Systrematic_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

It goes on about memory dumping or sumin like that. It restarts so fast i don get to see the message properly. Im also running bittorrent of windows 7 and i got 4gbs of Ram so no idea

#4 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

Please provide the bluescreen report from bluescreen view.

#5 Guest_D_*

Guest_D_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:42 PM

Hi Harold Feit,

These are my BSODs.

The days before I using BitTorrent v7.1 and got BSOD quite often, while downloading a 93GB torrent.
Today I'm using BitTorrent v7.2.1 and still got BSOD.

I notice that anytime I download a huge torrent I got BSOD. Those torrents are about 100GB torrents with some 6GB - 12GB files.

When I got BSOD, I thought because the disk storing the torrent is damaged, I moved the torrent to another hard drive, but I still got BSOD. I believe this is not caused by bad sectors on the hard drive.

Hope this help.

photo link: http://postimage.org/image/3yy0ottw/
Posted Image

photo link: http://postimage.org/image/3zcwiy9w/
Posted Image

#6 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:01 PM

D, your BSOD is being caused by network drivers, not by hard drives.

What internet security software do you have installed?

#7 Guest_D_*

Guest_D_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

Nothing, I'm just using Synmatec Antivirus client (2006, v10.1.5.500) and it's not internet security software.

I'm using IE8, windows XP (old school). I also do not enable any internet firewall or such things, they are useless anyway.

At the time BSOD happen, only BitTorrent is on, no other windows applications are running (Synmatec running at startup and I just leave it be).

#8 Guest_D_*

Guest_D_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

I just read the forum thread about BSOD on Window 7. Sound like the global number of connection is the cause isn't it ? I don't know, currently my global number of connection is 200 and I think it's reasonable. Noway I would reduce it to 10, it's just a waste.

Please try to reproduce my defect by downloading some huge torrents (100GB). I'm sure you can reproduce it by that way.

#9 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

I've seen 5mb torrents do it when either poorly written internet security software or poorly written network adapter drivers are installed.
It's not the size of the torrent that's causing your problem.

#10 Guest_D_*

Guest_D_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:53 AM

Hi Harold Feit,

Correct me if I'm wrong, you mean there shall be no BitTorrent fix for that, don't you ?

If it is true, at least give us some instructions to avoid the BSOD.

D

#11 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:33 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, you mean there shall be no BitTorrent fix for that, don't you ?

That's correct, because it's not something we can fix.

Reduced connection limits and updating network adapter drivers are the way to fix the issue.

#12 Guest_D_*

Guest_D_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

I think you're wrong. May be network adapter driver is not perfect but this time I'm pretty sure the bittorrent has trouble when downloading the huge torrent.

Do you know why I know you're wrong?

Because when I got BSOD, I stop download that torrent and it's ok for a month. When I re-download the huge torrent, BSOD happens. I notice the BSOD just happen when downloading huge torrent and I experienced that for years. To stop BSOD, I just stop downloading the huge torrent (100GB).

#13 Guest_D_*

Guest_D_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

I would like to add more info.

For years, all of my BSODs are caused when running Bittorent. I have no BSOD when I don't run Bittorrent.

Accidentally, All BSODs happen when I have a huge torrent (80 - 100GB+) in the download list.

When all BSOD happen, I re-run the Bittorrent and it's always (always) re-check the huge torrent.

I'm using Bittorrent for years and got about 40 BSODs.

#14 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

I think you're wrong. May be network adapter driver is not perfect but this time I'm pretty sure the bittorrent has trouble when downloading the huge torrent.

If I were actually wrong, the driver causing your crash would not be part of the networking stack (specifically the IPv6 driver).

Regardless of what it is, bluescreens are actually beyond the realm of userspace applications for both root cause and fix.

#15 Guest_John_*

Guest_John_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

If I were actually wrong, the driver causing your crash would not be part of the networking stack (specifically the IPv6 driver).

Regardless of what it is, bluescreens are actually beyond the realm of userspace applications for both root cause and fix.

Hi,

Your problem isn't bittorrent I think.
Your problem is the way Windows tried to seperate parts on your harddisk.
Because it is a hugh file, Windows relocated your files on the harddisk to make it ready for this hugh file.
To solve that, you have to figured out some points:
- Is the harddisk a usb-drive?
- Try using a harddiskscan and virusscan. If you have badsectors in the 'part' of 93GB, BSOD happens.

I probably can help you, if ure follows my steps, written down above.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm Dutch.

Good luck with it!

#16 Guest_vin_*

Guest_vin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:07 PM

I get a blue screen when using bittorrent 7.2.1 which says something about bug check

#17 Guest_Gyaneshwar_*

Guest_Gyaneshwar_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:15 AM

got a similar problem. reduce the no. of connections to 20 instaed of 200 it works.

Now I have a Problem. My upload speed R fast i.e. 35 - 45 Kbps but download speeds only 2-4 Kbps. Y?

Thanks
Gyanesh123