Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.
Error: write to disk: cannot find path
Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:04 AM
Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:49 PM
Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:19 PM
My issue specifically
After initiating a dl, the torrent begins, all caching seems to go as planned, the specific movie directory is created in my save directory and the torrent immediately fails with the "Error: WriteToDisk: The system cannot find the path specified." message. I do note that the subdirectory is created. And the application can find the location with the "Open Containing Folder" command...
Here's what I've already tried
- Completely removed and reinstalled utorrent
- Turing on and off write caching
- Triple checkec all ACL on the volume, folder and drive
- Tried saving torrents to the root of C:\ -- same exact error recieved
- Made sure to minimize total path and filename (to avoid 255 limit)
- Tried #5 with both absolute (\\NAPA\video\2BCheched\) and relative (V:\2BChecked\) paths
- Appended trailing "\" to end of path in save directory
Any help would be appreciated. TIA.
Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:25 AM
solved the problem for me
i hope it help you
Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:49 PM
Hey i'm Paul,
I have too had that problem and the most simple way I found to fix it was to delete a dot (if there is one) at the end of the file when accepting to download it , or just change the name , usually it is the dot at the end that creates a problem. No clue as to why that happens.