BitTorrent 7.7.2 / 7.7.3

bigfalls

Download the new version here

Release highlights for version 7.7.2 / 7.7.3 include:

- Fixed peer ID bug causing disconnects

- Windows-8 compatible

- New offer platform displays in-client offers from BitTorrent and software partners

- Fixed crashes in "add torrent" dialog and numerous other crash fixes

- Numerous bug fixes

- Small improvements to magnet link handling

- OK/Cancel moved to bottom right of add torrent dialog

- Twitter/Facebook icons - click to like and/or dismiss

Add torrent dialog changes:

- Add Torrent dialog displays magnet link data

- Layout changed to display more files at once

- Fixed discrepancy between single and multi-file torrent save directories

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have instaled the version 7.7.2 and since yesterday, when bittorrent starts appears the message "Bittorrent crash dump" and show me the options of restart, send the dump file or close.

I have checked all the malware, spyware, viruses, registry entry and still appearing the message.

I have another partition in my hard disk with the 7.7 version, Today I try it and works perfectly.

I started the another partition with the 7.7.2 and crashed again, so I desinstalled it and instaled the 7.7 version.

It works correctly whitout any problem.

• 1 month later...

I downloaded the new version the other day.

Now I cant find where it is in my system so I can update my updated IPBlock list.

where is it located on my C drive. I looked in both programs and (86X) programs and it is not in either one. I also checked my e drive incase I had loaded it there but nothing. I can't even find the icon in my start menu. It is only where my last version icon I pinned to my taskbar now. I have the .exe located on my E drive but no file in the system program files where I used to put a copy of the IPfilterX.dat file.

any advice on where I can find where it is stored?

I have an updated IPBlock list I want to use and can't.

thanks

%appdata%\bittorrent

But prebuilt blocklists like the one you're probably trying to use don't actually protect you.

According to the IPBlockX people it works off the ipblock in the bitorrent program but it must be in the app file area and the ipblock must say "true" for it to use it.. it is not my only ipblock protection it is just an additional I paid for a year so I will use it until then I only have a few months left.

thanks I found the app file

Yeah, that makes me even more suspicious of their lists. I'm inclined to believe that those lists are actually going to block "clean" parts of the internet and funnel you into ranges that the anti-p2p monitoring groups are actually actively using.

It used to be available from IBlocklist for perrblock but then they stopped supplying it. and if you want it you have to pay and download it manually now to peerblock and bitorrent. I use an IP block and it has helped a lot in blocking malicioius software, trojans and other things like spam, even hackers. I also use a annitvirus program. between the two I have had less problems with viruses, trojans mal, spy and spamware getting into my computer.

ok I got it under option go to preferences and then to advance look in the list for one that says

offers.sponsored_torrents_offer_enabled.

then make it false.

then restart and you will no longer have that pesking Instant download.

Next version guys make it easier by linkig button option in the instant download ribbon asking if we want to disable and it will do it with one cleick rather than having to go fishing for it.

Archived