Downloading metadata isn't working...Any solutions?

Peterbilt379trucker

Downloaded Bittorrent 7.7.3 yesterday and it worked fine downladed one video. Suddenly when chose another video/movie, in the status bar...the "Downloading metadata" kept still. Then, I tried to download other movies and see if that would fix anything but, still nothing. It may just be the firefox firewall but, tried to run test on it and everything checked out. I have linksys connection, if that is helpful. In the buttom right of the screen on Bittorrent is a red indicator saying something about the firewall is limited (something like that) and clicked on it, ran connection test and so forth. Again, still nothing and "Downloading metadata" is at a stand still. Currently, I have only one movie on the torrent at the moment and going to give it a few mins or an hour or so. Anyways, any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

I have this same problem.

I'm running BitTorrent Total Security however after this started happening I disabled the firewall and antivirus. Currently trying to download 31 torrents, about half have "Downloading metadata" in the status bar, and it appears to be random when it comes to which torrents this happens to.

What internet security software do you have installed?

What value do you have for DHT: in the status bar?

I'm not sure where I can find that information about the internet security software...Where can I find that info? Right now, the DHT is reading 287 nodes. Also, that red indication symbol in the buttom right hand corner in Bittorrent is changed to yellow and saying "No Incomming connections" Any ideas?

Unfortunately, don't have any internet security software... I bought this laptop day after Christmas and apparently it has the Norton software advertisement that pops up every startup and wants you to sign up a regstation form but, I don't trust Norton and definitely don't trust mcafee. Anyways, you were right, the firewall needed to be configured. Had to reset the default settings and use recommanded sources and now, bittorrent is working fine again but, not sure if that could be the solution. However, thanks soo much for your help and will let you know if any more issues interfers.

That's the thing... I cancel out the torrent and tried other ones but, they all consists of the same problem. "No Incoming connections". The availability status contains Red in all the other torrents as well. Also, tried "force start" but, still nothing. Do you think, I need to un-install and re-install bittorrent to see if that will fix anything or do you think it's something about the firewall settings? Btw, I have windows 7. Also, is there another program that needs to be downloaded along with bittorrent? like, other torrents program, a tracker program, etc...

Actually, seems like bittorrent working today. Last night, I choose a torrent with alot of seeders. However, first it had the same problem with no incoming connections and decided to let it be since it was at 11.9% and quit working. Anyways, a few minutes ago...got the bubble that the torrent finished download. It appears to me that, most people could been offline at the time or something or maybe I parked my big rig in a bad section. Anyways, I do appreciate it you helping me. Thank you! Again, I'll let you know if any other issues arises. Hope that you have a great day... :)

Hello everyone.

I'm using this thread because I have the same problem as all you guys.

I used to use uTorrent until last month, when an update was made available and I obviously updated my version of the said software. Since that day, uTorrent no longer worked: no downloading, no seeding (which I do a lot), no seeds or peers detecting, and just a few nodes found in terms of DHT (and sometimes the "waiting to log in" message). I re-installed uTorrent but to no relevant results: the situations persisted.

Therefore, I downloaded BitTorrent, just to check if it was a software issue of uTorrent. And it worked! It worked perfectly fine, until the day (some weeks ago) when an update was made available and I downloaded it. Guess what. BitTorrent no longer worked as it should, and I get the "waiting to log in" of DHT all the time, and just a little few nodes sometimes.

Now, I use a laptop and all this problem only happen when I'm online via the internet connection I have at my place. When I'm at my folks' place, and use their internet connection, everything works fine with BitTorrent. I acknowledge this is a connection problem, but I'm clueless on how to fixe it. I use AVG and Windows Firewall when it comes to security and I've tried to turn off both last night, but with no results on BitTorrent performance.

What can I do to fixe this?

Thanks in advance

edit: oh, and sorry for any language mistakes, english is not my first language.

I am also not able to download since I updated. I always leave my laptop on to seed.

Someone mentioned on using a different connection and working. I work on the road, so I change every few nights to new hotels and since 7.7.3 I have not been able to download at any connection. Hoping to find an answer on here soon.

• 4 weeks later...

I had this problem, came here for a solution.

Thanks to you guys mentioning firewalls (which WASN'T the actual problem) I realized that I had a program that is firewall-ish, called "Hotspot Shield". I had never used it, and didn't notice that it was turned on. I uninstalled this program and immediately, my downloads were working.

Hope this info helps at least some of you!

Archived