Cant connect to peers?

skinnygirafe

• 1 month later...

Are you downloading via a free Proxy server that's now not there? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Note that you might need to manually delete some files \ folders after performing the uninstall to get your machine 'very' clean before reinstall. Check here for example: "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming" on a Windows Vista \ 7 \ 8 computer, delete any Bittorrent directories found, you may need to enable viewing of hidden files and folders to do this. Also check: C:\Program Files (x86) and or C:\Program Files and kill any Bittorrent directories there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've also been getting this problem as well. Before my torrents were going fine, and now some of my torrents either get the "Connecting to peers". My internet security system is Kaspersky and my ports are fowarded. I've also tried Utorrent and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client, and its still the same.

Just checked on another laptop which still has bittorrent 7.6 and everything is downloading perfectly so its not my internet connection. So what has 7.8 done to my laptop? Its not windows firewall as i have allowed bittorrent there, when i have tried to run a bandwith test in Bittorrent it says

'Connection failed error. A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and(when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call)no address was'......and thats it, no more text so i dont know what 'no address was.....'!

Any ideas anyone???

Same situation on my system. Started 2 days ago.

New build of bittorrent version 29545 updated after a reinstall of the program. It functioned again for a day and now back to red and "connecting to peers" but never connects. No other changes or updates to other programs in the past week.

Tried this fix as advised on another thread and it has resolved the peer connect problem. All steps except the router as I don't use one.

Reset your BitTorrent settings (delete settings.dat and settings.dat.old from %appdata%\bittorrent with bittorrent not running), remove and re-create ALL rules for bittorrent in your internet security software, AND port forward bittorrent's listen port in your router.

• 2 months later...

as of July 2013, my torrent isn't working. It always says "connecting to peers" or "downloading 0.0" but it isn't downloading at all.

I tried uninstalling reinstalling bit torrent, restarting pc, installed old version of bit torrent, tried it in different PC, configured the settings but still no progress at all. I think that the issue is with the bit torrent itself. anyone can enlighten me about this? thanks

as of July 2013, my torrent isn't working. It always says "connecting to peers" or "downloading 0.0" but it isn't downloading at all.

I tried uninstalling reinstalling bit torrent, restarting pc, installed old version of bit torrent, tried it in different PC, configured the settings but still no progress at all. I think that the issue is with the bit torrent itself. anyone can enlighten me about this? thanks

I've been thinking the same thing... Last night (10/7/13) at about 11:00 everything stopped... Just as you said Coy it just won't connect to peers, in fact mine won't even recognise that there are seeders available, even for torrents that have thousands of seeders. I tried uTorrent to compare and found that in uTorrent for the exact same download I would have seeders however when using Bit Torrent there would be apparently no seeders and only 2 peers...

Thoughts anyone?...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived