Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

Problem with Primary Server

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gamesaholyc

gamesaholyc

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

I am getting Problem with Primary Server. Failure to connect to primary server. It looks like all my setting are correct but not sure what to do from here. I know this is beta so maybe it is just that.
Anyone know what to look for?
I am using Adobe flash media live Encoder 3.2 on a windows 8 machine. I follow the settings suggest by the site.

#2 Aaron Cohen

Aaron Cohen

BitTorrent Staff

• Employees
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA, USA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Are you running BitTorrent Live on the same machine you're trying to broadcast from? The primary server address we list by default is on 'localhost'.

If you're running it on a separate machine, you can replace 'localhost' with the correct address.

Another tip: try opening the pop-up menu from Live in the system tray immediately after you try to start broadcasting. If no channel bandwidth statistics appear, you're not successfully connecting to Live. If they do, but it still dies after a moment, your encoding settings or private channel key are incorrect.
Aaron Cohen
BitTorrent Live Team

#3 gamesaholyc

gamesaholyc

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

I found what it was, I was not running the BTLive app. Except now when I run it, I can only view it from the browser on the same PC only, not external. Should there be some ports to open up? I have the firewall to allow public and private for live.exe.

#4 Aaron Cohen

Aaron Cohen

BitTorrent Staff

• Employees
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA, USA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

If it's not being configured automatically, you'll need to open up UDP ports 31400-31499 on your firewall and router.
Aaron Cohen
BitTorrent Live Team

#5 gamesaholyc

gamesaholyc

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

That worked, Thanks for the help.