Become a part of the community today! Registration is quick and easy and will enable you to post, send personal messages, and join in on the chat! It's as simple as clicking on the links above.

What is Seeding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tym2_*

Guest_Tym2_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:09 PM

I've just starting trying to use bit torrent... when I find a file I want. I get the download to bit torrent without problems. When the D/L is complete it shows it's "seeding". What does "seeding" exactly mean?

#2 jayp54

jayp54

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:52 AM

Seeding means sharing. When the file is moved to the completed section of BitTorrent and you have the program configured to allow seeding, others downloading the file will get portions of the program from you. Look at the Up Speed and Uploaded to see the sharing in action and how much you have helped keep the file available to others. You always want to seed a file you have downloaded.

#3 Guest_Vladius_*

Guest_Vladius_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:16 PM

Ok my Question in the same catagory is, after you stop a seeding -how can you restart seeding while the machines active to allow people to start getting them again?

#4 Harold Feit

Harold Feit

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:18 PM

If you have removed the task, you can follow the normal migration steps (found at http://user.utorrent.../guides/migrate and yes they are the same for bittorrent) to reload and reseed.