All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. Last week
  3. Earlier
  4. it also says permission denies. have been downloading for a lot of years and never had a problem. have looked at my VPN and, cant find why.
  5. WHILE USING UTORRENT THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN RESET ITSELF TO A TINY FONT. HOW DO I RESET IT TO NORMAL.
  6. good day everyone I'm facing an issue as the picture shows when I try to open my Wallet, I tried many times to click on ACCEPT but there is no response! the message does disappear and I can't access the wallet! I lost the privet key, unfortunately. any ideas on how to get rid of the terms of service message? thank you
  7. Ok guys please can someone tell me why the language pack is saved as "dl.php" and not as "bittorrent.lng"? I downloaded from this link : https://www.utorrent.com/scripts/dl.php?track=stable&build=30544&client=bittorrent Thanks
  8. I have had this problem for some time and am on the verge of giving up on bittorrent. I have reinstalled and tried a lot of suggestions that have been posted both to these forums and many others. Ordinarily I would not make a forum post but I would like to solve this rather than just ditch bittorrent entirely. It appears to be explicitly an issue with the downloadable client, as the web browser client works just fine (albeit much slower). Every time I try to add a torrent, the dialogue box which allows me to select where to save it and see the files I would be downloading does not appear. It does not show up on a different screen, it does not show up behind the window, it does not show as an option when I alt-tab. It does not open. The torrent does not download and is added to the Hidden list. I can only see this when I shut down bittorrent and start it up again. I am unable to start the torrent, force start the torrent, or apparently do anything to it except delete it. Here is a screenshot of that As I said, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and tried several fixes from the web. What am I missing? I am using Windows 10.
  9. I've been using BitTorrent Web for many years with excellent results. Now, all of a sudden it won't open. If I try again and again, eventually it will, but a non-functioning version. Try again and again and again and eventually the old, familiar, working version will come up. This could take hours. The Support Page is absolutely useless. It asks for my email address, but nothing comes. I get messages that there is. a new version available but when I try to download it I get a message that it couldn't be downloaded. I know there are other alternatives out there, but BitTorrent has worked so well I hate to leave.
  10. Hi, When I install bit torrent, it says when i do a test that the port is close but when i put a significantly higher port it works. note that I didn't made any modification in the configuration of my (home) router. For example, BitTorrent pick a random port at installation, let's say 1549. Then I do a connection test and it says that it failed and I can only download. But when i change the port to let's say (again) 65000 THEN it works. But here comes the weird part. When I change it back to 1549, it does not fail again and it magically works. I'm confused. Does this happened to you ? Thanks for your help. P.S: At this time, it works.
  11. For the past week I have not been able to download anything. What does "DHT waiting to log in" mean???
  12. I stop all task. and start only one task that cannot connect to private tracker, it can connect to private tracker immediately! then i think it is about nuber of queue or something like that, so i will find it again.
  13. I use bittorrent client ver. 7.11 build 46923 32 bit with windows 11. when number of my task is not more than 200, it work fine, easy to connect to private tracker. but when number of my task is around 300-360 task, I found some task can not connect to private tracker but the other task can connect to same tracker. when I found torrent task did not connect to tracker, it is difficult to make it connect to tracker. I do something as below for connect to tracker. 1. stop task and start this task again, it did not connect to tracker. 2. update tracker, it did not connect to tracker. 3. close bittorrent app. and restart app., it did not connect to tracker. 4. remove task and download this torrent file again., it did not connect to tracker. I think it may be about number of task or number of queue then I change this number to 1000 as shown in attached picture. 1. torrent task that cannot conect to private tracker. https://uppic.cloud/ib/0DYF8fHdV9 2. torrent task that can connect to private tracker at same time. https://uppic.cloud/ib/pVVvuMqOX9 3. bittorrent app.'s bandwidth setting. https://uppic.cloud/ib/Mo5Z4FtwNY 4. bittorrent app.'s queueing setting. https://uppic.cloud/ib/ieomWFVu2a last time i use utorrent, i found same problem when i use 200-300 tasks. then I ask for someone who can suggest me to solve this. thank you. jupitor55
  14. I want to change the browser bit torrent web opens in from opera gx to Tor browser. How would i do that. idc how complicated it is, I'll do it.
  15. I am trying to download a single large torrent file (over 2 GB) using the "BitTorrent" app for Android. But each time I download the file I get a different md5 and sha1 hash when I use a separate hash checking app. Meanwhile the "BitTorrent" app continues to seed this supposedly 100% downloaded (but incorrectly downloaded) file. This should not happen. No BitTorrent app should tag, mark, or otherwise change a downloaded file by even a single byte. I am surprised no one here has reported this simple fundamental problem in all these years! The hashes of downloaded torrent files are not always the same but the file continues to seed. How can I do an infohash recheck on downloaded torrent files using the free version of BitTorrent 6.7.1 (7231) for Android?
  16. Now 2 alerts appear on each click for downloads...has it gotten worse?
  17. Hello...all the files I download have this message on the screen (look at the print)...I've uninstalled it several times and even formatted the system and this message appears again on all the links I download...no It gets in the way of downloading...but it appears in everything...how do I solve it for it to only appear in files that are already being downloaded? When I click on any magnetic torrent this message does appear, even though I have not previously downloaded the file.
  18. Hi, I kinda messed up here with the part where the downloads need to go. I denied permissions to my external hd by accident and now i can only store downloads directly on my imac. I need a way to restore this please.
  19. This just started, the remove, start torrent, and stop torrent buttons are greyed out. Now I have to select the torrent, right click to select the command to delete. Why are the buttons greyed out? Is there a way to activate them?
  20. My laptop is very nice but when I use your program, the characters on the screen are very tiny. I only can read them using a looking glass, So my question is how can I change the size of the characters on the screen?? Thank you in advance for information.
  21. Every so often uTorrent Classic (ad free) starts flashing. This is not the whole app though. Where the ads would be, the Share & Upgrade buttons and the search window. This does cause other issues when trying to do things also. Eventually I can get it to stop. Today I reinstalled and nothing changed. Any clues or suggestions on this?
  22. Sometimes one torrent contains several games. In desktop client they are usually sorted in folders with names so in desktop client I can choose what to load and what not to load. In web client I see just a list of files (sometimes with identical names) without being sorted in folders (see screen). It would be great to see the folder tree with files so I can choose exactly what I want.
  23. Found my own solution. For some reason Chrome was the default browser, but not for all file types ... follwed MS instructions to set Chrome as default browser (which updated something(s) ... and now btweb.exe launches in Chrome.
  24. Hello friends. Is there any version of utorrent that i can download for downloading .torrent files in my 'VR' Meta quest headset ?
  25. Hello and Good Day, In Windows > Mouse Properties, on the Pointer Options tab, there is a selectable feature called Snap To which automatically places, snaps, the pointer/cursor on the active button in a popup. If you want, say, Yes and the active button is No, it's an short, quick move to click Yes. For example, when a torrent is finished downloading and I want to stop seeding and remove it from the list, I highlight it and click the Trash Can in the Ribbon. A popup window asks if I'm sure with a Yes and No button. The Mouse Snap To feature is not turned On by default, so I always turn it On, but it does not work in most Open Source programs/apps and it does not work in BitTorrent. Snap To is very convenient and is great for laptops with only a touchpad, in my opinion, and it would be great if it worked in every popup that BitTorrent may use. I would think it would automatically be allowed in one place in the code, like a Module, to activate all popups for Snap To in all cases, if selected in Windows > Mouse Properties > Pointer Options, and maybe use a Call from there, but whatever it takes would be appreciated. I am not a programmer/coder, but I think my names used, Module and Call, will relay the coding meaning. If this feature request is accepted, please include it in all Windows programming for every program/app in your line in their next update/upgrade hereout and in all OSes that have something similar. If it's already in Preferences/Settings, I have not found it. I think this "Are you sure?, Yes/No" popup is a good thing, so I don't want to deactivate it, nor any other popups. I just want Snap To to work, please. Thanks in advance, Craig
  26. Hi everyone, I am working on a summer project to create a torrent client with nodejs and is stuck on how to calculate the infoHash I have read multiple article like https://wiki.theory.org/BitTorrentSpecification#Metainfo_File_Structure, https://www.bittorrent.org/beps/bep_0003.html and with what I understood I implemented a naive approach But It's not giving me the correct hash. So if you can please look my algorithm and suggest what I am not doing correctly would we a great help. Explanation:- It's a very naive approach, First I am calculating the infoDict length by encoding the info dict that I obtained from decoding the torrent file and then I am finding the substring from the torrent file which starts with 4:infod and has length same as we calculated earlier. I also have added an offset of 12 to ignore the 4:info. I am doing all this in hex codes because of this stack overflow thread https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28348678/what-exactly-is-the-info-hash-in-a-torrent-file. But still my Info hash value is not correct I am debugging my code using the info hash provided on the link below:- https://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=5a9ee290c86148fcd00dead9dd225848d9fd0d7a If you want to see my complete code and check for yourself. You can use this github link(https://github.com/pradeepsh2203/bit-torrent/). I would be really helpful If you can help me with this
  27. My VPN has one open port and I can change it. What port does the web version use? tcp or udp?
  1. Load more activity