Not-A-Virus:adware And Distorted Icons

TishonHeart

I have been using BitTorrent for years and I am also a Plus subscriber. I recently had to re-install Windows 8.1 Pro and all that nice stuff. I went to install BitTorrent, from the website, and at first Chrome said that it was a harmful file, so I had to unblock it. I go to install it, and I get slapped with a warning from Kaspersky Pure saying that a "not-a-virus:AdWare" file was detected and asked me to delete it. So a friend recommended that I disable Kaspersky while I install BitTorrent so I did and it worked, but the icons are all garbled on the botton tabs bar.

I was wondering if anyone had info on the not-a-virus thing and the icons part.

It's impossible to determine the issue. I have a different anti-virus program. And not very familiar with the Kaspersky anti-virus program. I have never encountered Bittorrent Client viral or spam warnings.

TWO SUDGESTIONS:

Anti-virus programs usually provide Allow, Quarantine, Remove options. And include encounter History for the selected. It is often possible to resolve the issue using the anti-virus interface. During detection, or in the History pane, in the event the anti-virus program takes 'recommended action'.

Your anti-virus program is treating your programs at a very high monitoring level. In the case of the Bittorent client, the program requires action user command settings, regardless, whether they are enable in the Windows features. The reason, Bittorrent client downloads and creates files. You might want to keep your current anti-virus settings. You will have to manage the rest of the programs, or the issue programs, manually.

Get familiar with the anti-virus software!

If I was to poke a bear in a two minute cage match while wearing a blindfold, I would say the Bittorrent Free Client was flagged in the anti-virus community because it contains ads, the anti-virus is unable to distinguish the program versions.

Well, it's not Kaspersky being on a higher detection level, I asked one of my friends in my networking class that Antiviruses have started to flag P2P programs as harmful to the system for some reason. He told me to just disable Kaspersky while I install BitTorrent and it worked for the Not-A-Virus thing, but the icons are still distorted.

Archived