BitTorrent 7.2.1

Firon

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest curiousgirl3

Hey guys,

Is there some reason why my bittorrent doesnt seem to have "fully" installed? Every time I click on it, it asks me if I want to run the file, and then it just starts the program. I don't have it on my list of installed programs, so i cant uninstall it. there doesnt seem to be anything to uninstall.

I was running a bootscan recently, and bittorrent's exe setup file came up as "corrupt".

I have HP, Windows 7 Home Premium.

I use firefox. Idk if that matters. I'm an average user.

new version 7.2.1 not working, speed test is passing, ports working but still its not downloading any torrents for me...tried disabling DHT & windows firewall etc etc....plz help

i also installed 1.7.2 of 64 bit windows 7. Must times when I download something my windows systeem simply hangs. I limited the download speed and number of connections. This reduces the problem, but just know I had another 'hang'. How to rollback to 1.7? There is no download on the website.

Im a software developer myself so please dont start with questions about check your internet security software, driver versions. I checked everything. It's related to the bittorrent application itself. So it must be the new version, because that is what is last changed. A downgrade could confirm that.

btw i don't have internet security software

Last night I downloaded for a couple of hours. The systems hangs about every 10-20 minutes. The screen freezes and nothing could be done. A hard reset with power button is all that helps. This laptop is on about 14 hours a day. I use this laptop every day to work on. I never ever had windows lock up like this. There is no registration in de windows system log of the crash or an error of something happening just before. There is no BSOD. The system only locks when bittorent is beeing used. Bittorent is only on when im downloaden. It's not on by default.

I read about the issues of the limited number of connection of the network driver.

I also read about poorly written network security software.

- I don't use antivirus or firewall. One routers with firewalls, but those use UPNP and are configured. The connection icon is green.

- The program seemed to crash after 1 or 2 minutes before, Then I lower the limits of the application. This seemed to help, but only with limited number of downloads. These are my settings:

Max upload 20

Max download 2500

Max total connections 250

Max connection per peer 50

Max upload per peer 5

The laptop i'm using is a ASUS K70IC

- Wireless adapter AR9285 Wireless network Adapter

- Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller

- It runs on Windows 7 64 bit.

- It runs in a domain. My documents is redirected to the network. The downloads are saved to a local path.

- I download a lot of GB's across the internet to other networks for my job. These are for instance database files. My network nor network drivers have no problem with copying these ammounts of data using FTP or SFTP connections.

I use the wireless adapter it has driver version 8.0.0.238 which is even newer then the one offered on the ASUS Website.

Things the might also cause some problems/ are specific to my configuration

- I have 2 internet connections, one by ADSL and one by Fiber optics. Load balancing is used to direct the traffic.

- The fiber optics is the main connection and is 100mb up/down which could handle high speeds and many download connections (this connection is quite new and possibly the cause the system now goos over is max number of connections).

- There seems to be a corralation between the number of download/connections and the time/moment of the crash.

- 2500 download could easyly be made. If i remove the limit even higher speeds are attemted causing the system to hang.

Things I will do:

- Check for even newer drivers for the wifi network card.

- Check why there is a gab in the windows system log

- Check if I can find out what the max number of connection should be

Things that might help:

- Perhaps If I could use previous versions like 1.7.x and 1.6.x and newer version like 1.8 beta I could test if these have the same problem, if that is the case it's more clear the network driver is the problem.

- Perhaps you could supply me with any information you have available about the TCPIP limit.

- Perhaps it's possible for bittorent to do also some kind of logging. Especially of the number of connections. Going through the forum and other fora on the internet it seems there are more people with these kind of problems. Simply saying that it's caused by something outside your problem is possibly true, but not an answer to expect. It doesn't wave away your responsibility, since must people like me do realise the problem only occures when using bittorent. So perhaps extra logging and features (like for instance detecting a crash occured to alarm the user the max number of connections might be the problem) would advisable.

If could would log I could see what the last number of connection was. So i could see at what number the systems hanngs.

hi, yesterday i exited from my bittorrent, then when i opened it again after an hr, all the previous files which are in 99.8% have moved to completed folder and all the files in completed folders are showing error: cant open file in directory. All the files are there in the directory, but bittorrent is showing error. Are these files completed the downloading??? I m running 7.2.1 in windows 7. What should i do?? please help. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Globetrotter

My PC freezes after a few seconds when I start bittorrent.

I tried it a few times also with firewall and virusscanner off but it still freezes.

I read in the forum on this site someone saying updating his Windows worked for him, i tried it but that didn't work for me as well.

An other 'solution' of someone in the forum was to install an older version of bittorrent.

I installed v6.2 and everything works again without freezing my PC.

I'm using XP service pack 3

Greetings, Chris

I computer also freezes when I use BitTorrent 7.2.1

I use Windows 7. The computer only freezes when I use BitTorrent 7.2.1

How could i upload the hijjackthis log and explorer process list.

could je please supply me with the 7.2 version so i could at least check if that version has the same problem.

My PC freezes after a few seconds when I start bittorrent.

I tried it a few times also with firewall and virusscanner off but it still freezes.

I read in the forum on this site someone saying updating his Windows worked for him, i tried it but that didn't work for me as well.

An other 'solution' of someone in the forum was to install an older version of bittorrent.

I installed v6.2 and everything works again without freezing my PC.

I'm using XP service pack 3

Greetings, Chris

IT could freez if it is "forcing a re check" for torrents.

stop the downloads and then reckeck them one by one it reduces system load.

this will occour every time when u would shut down computer accidently like a power shortage or a hang

thus always exit bit torrent before shutting down your pc

hi, yesterday i exited from my bittorrent, then when i opened it again after an hr, all the previous files which are in 99.8% have moved to completed folder and all the files in completed folders are showing error: cant open file in directory. All the files are there in the directory, but bittorrent is showing error. Are these files completed the downloading??? I m running 7.2.1 in windows 7. What should i do?? please help. thanks.

Check your preferences. If the completed downloads is different than the temp downloading folder than there could be a path direction issue where the client is trying to open the file from the location the torrent was downloading to and where the finished torrent actually is. Hope that helps. ~Chakshindu

Guest Sure-shot

I downloaded and am running new version on win 7 works flawlessly and very fast to me on my pc it runs faster then any version I had in the past

thanks Again

SS

Even when I check the box in preferences that says "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advanced mode" all torrents I open are going directly to download without letting me select the files I want. Is there a trick to this?

Archived