BitTorrent 7.2.1

Firon

Guest Christophe

I switched from 7.2.1 to 7.6 from automatic update. I no longer see the seeds/peers and ratio numbers. I work a lot with these. Are they gone with this new version? If so, how do I get back to 7.2.1? Does the internal data still have this information or was it deleted during "upgrade"? Thanks for your answers.

OK I got them back. The automatic update didn't preserve my layout and I had to redo it. Sorry, I jumped the gun. Comment: I HATE the washed colours used (speed graph and availability bar) and these aren't switchable...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest armchair.53

I am on 7.6 and I have a prompt telling me that a 'new stable version' is availible do I want DL and install? etc but when I look at changelog it directs me to this page which is 7.2.1 and I noticed recently some odd behaviour regarding remote access, saying could not connect when I wasn't trying to connect (like it was, or had been hacked) So .. is it safe to click install? where can I get the MD5 for this package? and how can I scan it before install?

Thanx fer a great pp BTW

Brgds/Dan

Remote access, what ever is authorising it, should be unchecked (or disabled). Although there are some limit situations when remote access is good, normally I consider it a security risk. In anycase, you want to install the latest version which is 7.6 (build 26730), best to get it from bit torrent site. You might want to consider uninstalling your current version... it sounds like another program has highjacked how updates work - fine the program and get rid of it.

Guest Rohan Fernandes

Aster reading all the posts I am now afraid to install the new update 7.6 version because my current version which is 7.2.1 is working fine. I have Win XP SP2. 4GB ram and 3Ghz system . Waiting to read reviews about 7.6 only then will i venture to dload and install it.

Guest Carolina

OK I got them back. The automatic update didn't preserve my layout and I had to redo it. Sorry, I jumped the gun. Comment: I HATE the washed colours used (speed graph and availability bar) and these aren't switchable...

Guest Carolina

I switched from 7.2.1 to 7.6 from automatic update. I no longer see the seeds/peers and ratio numbers. I work a lot with these. Are they gone with this new version? If so, how do I get back to 7.2.1? Does the internal data still have this information or was it deleted during "upgrade"? Thanks for your answers.

I have the same problem,also where is the tab added on/completed on?Christophe,I saw that later you solved the problem.How did you do it?

Guest Christophe

I have the same problem,also where is the tab added on/completed on?Christophe,I saw that later you solved the problem.How did you do it?

Carolina: The client has 2 main windows, one in which the torrent jobs are listed (top window) and the other with the speed graph and detailed info on the torrent job currently highlighted in the job list (bottom window). Each window has its own "header bar", the Name bar for the job list window and the File bar for the bottom window. Right-click on them to select/deselect features you want displayed or not.

For detailed help: Help|Bit Torrent FAQ in the client menu. Once there in your browser, click on User Manual, then on Appendix A: The Bit Torrent Interface.

Guest Carolina

Carolina: The client has 2 main windows, one in which the torrent jobs are listed (top window) and the other with the speed graph and detailed info on the torrent job currently highlighted in the job list (bottom window). Each window has its own "header bar", the Name bar for the job list window and the File bar for the bottom window. Right-click on them to select/deselect features you want displayed or not.

For detailed help: Help|Bit Torrent FAQ in the client menu. Once there in your browser, click on User Manual, then on Appendix A: The Bit Torrent Interface.

Christophe,thank you very much for your help.I fix it!

I just installed the new version and most of the information on the torrents in the top box has disappeared. I toggle back and forth between the two views. In one view I get "Play, Stream" in the other I get nothing....name, size, down speed, up speed, etc. How do I get it back since I know there are torrents listed. And please....make it simple as I'm not a real techie.

Guest Lorraine

Nothing. Firon just failed to update the page to reflect the 7.6 version.

Ditto...there do not seem to be any working links to forums for 7.6. The download link for the release notes goes to a discussion of 7.2.1. There are no screen shots, and so on.

Guest Sargentelli

Está muito confuso, pelo que entendi quem fez a atualização se deu mal em alguma coisa, como estou com versão 7.2.1 e está funcionando bem, vou deixar quieto, como se diz "em time que está ganhando não se mexe"

Guest meanmrkite

Help! I'm having the same problem, re no seeds/peers list or ratios. How did you get the layout back? Please help, and know that I need 'simple' too, so far 7.6 isn't as intuitive as before

thanks in advance,

mmk

Yes, agreed the graph colors suck, they need to at least be configurable. Anyone else wondering why they can't see seeds/peers/ratio or availability etc, just press the icon for layout on the right and it will change form horizontal to vertical(took me a while to figure it out ;-)

Guest Carolina

Help! I'm having the same problem, re no seeds/peers list or ratios. How did you get the layout back? Please help, and know that I need 'simple' too, so far 7.6 isn't as intuitive as before

thanks in advance,

mmk

If you go to previous page and read good the comments,you`ll get the answer.

• 1 month later...

Archived