Sign in to follow this  
SEEDER1997

Torrent stuck at 95.6%

Hi, I'm new to bittorent but up till now I havent come across this problem. I'm downloading a torrent, It starts downloading really fast at 1.0 Mb/s

then all of a sudden at 95.6% it just says downloading. Its been stuck at that % for a week now. The torrents availability is 0.956 and I've added tons of trackers to it,,

but its still stuck at downloading 95.6%. Can somebody help?

13 minutes ago, SEEDER1997 said:

The torrents availability is 0.956

That's why you haven't been able to finish.

13 minutes ago, SEEDER1997 said:

I've added tons of trackers to it

This never helps and in fact increases the load on those trackers needlessly.

19 minutes ago, Harold Feit said:

That's why you haven't been able to finish.

This never helps and in fact increases the load on those trackers needlessly.

Can u elaborate as to why having an availability of 0.956 is the reason I haven't been able to finish?

The availability number is based on the number of times each piece is seen among the people you're connected to. If there's not at least one copy of EVERY piece of the torrent, the availability will be less than 1. If there's at least one copy of every piece, the number increases to the number of complete sets seen.

3 minutes ago, Harold Feit said:

The availability number is based on the number of times each piece is seen among the people you're connected to. If there's not at least one copy of EVERY piece of the torrent, the availability will be less than 1. If there's at least one copy of every piece, the number increases to the number of complete sets seen.

Is it possible for the availability to increase over time?

In your case only if someone with the missing pieces joins the torrent again. Normally, during the first run of a torrent, the availability can peak overall in the thousands. 

23 hours ago, Harold Feit said:

In your case only if someone with the missing pieces joins the torrent again. Normally, during the first run of a torrent, the availability can peak overall in the thousands. 

I found the same torrent on another site. However this one has no seeds, 10 peers. The one I am downloading now has 6 seeds and 4 peers. Would the torrent with 10 peers have a greater chance of getting a peer with the missing pieces?