7.6.1 constantly crashes

Guest MuffinMan7580

Guest shashi

I am using windows 7 ultimate and Microsoft essential Anti virus...me too facing same problem....the 7.6.1 version bit torrent and u torrent both are crashing after few minutes...I am tired of trying many things...Please help me......

Guest Dollymadison

Did you try uninstalling.

Also, did you try deleting settings.dat and settings.dat.old from %appdata%\bittorrent ?

I did try deleting settings.dat and the other file. It worked for a little while but then froze up again. I have found it doesn't freeze as fast if I turn off the screen saver... but it eventually does freeze up.

I'm using Utorrent until I see here that it's been fixed

Guest Kerry

Hi,

I have tried all the above suggested fixes and am still experiencing the sames issues, looks like I will have to change clients :(

Guest BLUEZIE

Mine is crashing too! I updated on my desktop and hp laptop and both are having the same problem, even messing up my media streaming! This ish is crazy! I'm using the old bittorrent version on another Toshiba Sat laptop and it's all good still! I still get prompted to update, but ignoring it! Someone hook me up with a link to revert bacc to the old version! Or fix this one.. I swear I was a day away from purchasing Bittorrent's full version too! Now I'm spooked!

Archived