Sign in to follow this  
Guest BigDunc

DNS problems

Guest BigDunc

Every time I use BitTorrent I get the error that my DNS is not responding, the only way I can get an internet connection is to re boot my system. I am using Windows 7 as my OS. Any ideas what I can do to prevent this from happening? Thanks in advance.

Every time I use BitTorrent I get the error that my DNS is not responding, the only way I can get an internet connection is to re boot my system. I am using Windows 7 as my OS. Any ideas what I can do to prevent this from happening? Thanks in advance.

Without knowing the specifics of your network, its kinda hard to even guess. Have you tried just doing a 'repair' on your interface instead of a full reboot? For Win 7 they call it 'diagnose' in your network properties.

Guest BigDunc

Yeah I use the troubleshooting by right clicking the icon on the bottom right of my laptop, that gives me the error "DNS is not responding" but no solution. I am connected with a wireless connection.