My folders download on desktop after upgrade to 7.7

cosmotech

After updating to 7.7 instead of downloading to d:\ (second partition) my folders download to c: (sistem partition) desktop automatic create D folder.My hard drive is not mobile,it has partition c and d.So instead of downloading to D partition downloades to C partition with D folder on desktop.It s a big problem because my system partition C is for operating sistem and installed programs not for multimedia =there is no space.Location of downloaded files it s D: in bitorrent folder

Do the following steps:-

1)Open BitTorrent 7.7

2)Go to options -> preferences.

3)Select Directories.

4)Check the box - "Put new downloads in:".

5)Enter or Browse the directory where you want to save your files.

I never try this but I am sure this will work.

No, I'm sorry, the above procedure DOESN'T work as in all previous releases. Have tried and tried and double checked again and again and it simply ignores the request and puts downloads into your home directory. A real pain. The last 2 releases have had serious bugs like this and I don't know why they keep releasing "upgrades" that make the program worse rather than better. IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!

• 2 weeks later...

No, I'm sorry, the above procedure DOESN'T work as in all previous releases. Have tried and tried and double checked again and again and it simply ignores the request and puts downloads into your home directory. A real pain. The last 2 releases have had serious bugs like this and I don't know why they keep releasing "upgrades" that make the program worse rather than better. IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!

Same BS here, too. I want it to save my downloaded files to my desktop, but it won't do it. It saves them to one directory level higher despite the fact that I've tried changing the default directory in the preferences. Get this crap FIXED, Bittorrent! :rolleyes:

Having the same issues. It's saving all my downloads in local (c:)users-me. I have tried every option in preferences but it ignores them, so I have to go into local (c:)users-me and drag it to "videos" in my library. It will not accept the assignment. Not a huge deal, just a pain.

Any luck with this issue yet?

After updating to 7.7 instead of downloading to d:\ (second partition) my folders download to c: (sistem partition) desktop automatic create D folder.My hard drive is not mobile,it has partition c and d.So instead of downloading to D partition downloades to C partition with D folder on desktop.It s a big problem because my system partition C is for operating sistem and installed programs not for multimedia =there is no space.Location of downloaded files it s D: in bitorrent folder

Heck with it. I just uninstalled 7.7. I didn't like the download location issue, and I didn't like the new "advertisement bar" either. 7.6.1 is reinstalled and working like a champ.

Having the same issues. It's saving all my downloads in local (c:)users-me. I have tried every option in preferences but it ignores them, so I have to go into local (c:)users-me and drag it to "videos" in my library. It will not accept the assignment. Not a huge deal, just a pain.

Until this gets fixed, here is a work around. For some reason this version puts the download one folder lower than you designate. For example. I had set my download folder in BitTorrent to "E:\Torrents". This version now puts the downloads in "E:". To get around this I then created another folder in "E:\Torrents" called "BitTorrent". So now I have the address "E:\Torrents\BitTorrent" set in the download preferences and now the downloads go to "E:\Torrents" as before. At least this works until it gets fixed.

Until this gets fixed, here is a work around. For some reason this version puts the download one folder lower than you designate. For example. I have set my download folder in BitTorrent set to "E:\Torrents". This version now puts the downloads in "E:". To get around this I then created another folder in "E:\Torrents" called "BitTorrent". So now I have the address "E:\Torrents\BitTorrent" set in the download preferences and now the downloads go to "E:\Torrents" as before. At least this works until it gets fixed.

Well, I'll be danged! Thanks for the tip...it works just fine. :D

Archived