downloading speed is less than 1kb/s....?

Adnan0071

hello

i am suffering from this problem for last 5 days and my downloading speed on bittorrent is less than 1kb/s...???????

even i check on speedtest.net my down speed is 1.72 Mb/s and up speed is 0.45 Mb/s....

guys.......i am posting a image of my current bittorrent page see and tell me what it is?

is that my computer problem or network problem....

regards

Adnan

ffff.bmp

• Like 1

Greetings! I've been a Bittorrent user for like 3 years but this is the first time i need to post. Usually my bittorrent worked fine, but like a week from now it's been horribly slow; it randomly shows parts of the torrents i'm downloading as red (not available) and i'm also having the slow speed issue described on this post, it can stay at 0.1-1 for like 5 minutes and then go back to not downloading

I know the issue is not on my connection end nor on the torrent tracker's end, because i opened that very same torrent using ARES (which i haven't updated in like 4 years) and it immediately started downloading and dashed to 200 kbps in like 5 seconds.

I tried the ctrl+g and the first time it gave me an error, so i tried to run a second time and it crashed bittorrent, so i re-opened and tried again with the same result (crash)

If it helps, i recently upgraded hardware, so here's my new specs:

Processor: intel core i3-2370M

RAM: 16GB

Laptop model: samsung 500P4C

I already made sure to tell bittorrent where the new downloads should be located and actually managed to get a few, but then it decided to work randomly according to its own whims. By the way i already tried adding an excemption on firewall and even entirely disabling it (VIPRE firewall); windows firewall is shut down also.

We have the same problem.Good thing i saw this post before starting a new thread with this exact problem

Recently i download a file (5GB) my download speed was normal 190~250 kbps but today i downloaded another file and it becam 0.1~10kbps i dont know why but my internet is fine i can download files at normal speed w/o the use of bittorrent but when i try to torrent something the download speed dramatically drops.

Any help would be appriciated.Please and thanks you!

• 2 weeks later...

This has started with me also!

I have been using bittorrent for years, never having a problem like this.

about a week ago i used to download with 2-4mb/s now it wont pass 1kb!!!

it started after i formatted my laptop, and i downloaded bittorrent from the website like everytime i format, but this time its just not working like the thread says!

Please post a solution ASAP, i cant live without my downloads

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this problem also. I have a Mac and Bittorrent version 7.4.1. A week ago I was getting speeds of 1.5-2.2 mb/s and this week a file will get to about 400 kb/s and then the speed will plummet to 5-7 kb/s within a few seconds. I have not changed settings in the program, but there was an update that I installed to Bittorrent a few days ago. I consider myself a seasoned bittorrent user and do not have any firewall blocks and I am downloading files with 1000+ seeds and connect to 100+ rather quickly still but the speed does not increase. I can get the speed to increase if I quit Bittorrent and relaunch it but the increase again only lasts a few seconds and is not anywhere close to what I was getting. Please, oh, please, someone have a solution for me. This is so frustrating!!!

Yesterday I received an automatic update for BitTorrent, which I installed as I normally do. But right away, I lost all speed, both uploading and downloading, down to 6-9 kb/sec. And once I restart the computer and restart, the speed is "normal" and everything works well but for only a few minutes, at which point speed drops down again. I checked all the settings in "Preferences" and everything seems OK there.

Based on all the other comments I am seeing here, it appears that something happened when the software was upgraded. Will BitTorrent address this issue?

Thanks.

Yesterday I received an automatic update for BitTorrent, which I installed as I normally do. But right away, I lost all speed, both uploading and downloading, down to 6-9 kb/sec. And once I restart the computer and restart, the speed is "normal" and everything works well but for only a few minutes, at which point speed drops down again. I checked all the settings in "Preferences" and everything seems OK there.

Based on all the other comments I am seeing here, it appears that something happened when the software was upgraded. Will BitTorrent address this issue?

Thanks.

had the same problem... I messed with the settings/preferences for a day and nothing made a significant difference. I installed a really old version 6.1.2 and everything works great again (with the same settings/preferences).