Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:07 AM
I added the following text to another thread on the same issue, I've tried to be more specific here as to the circumstances rather than just saying it doesn't work, the guys need more detail to be able to help or tweak BT to fix the bug I suspect...I'm having this problem too, however I have discovered that it only seems to occur when downloading more than one torrent at a time, basically I'll queue a few up and the first one past the post so to speak starts (and continues) downloading, but the other torrents just sit there saying "Checked 0.0%" and don't start. I've tried various solutions including restarting BT, using Stop and Start and Force Start, but I usually find the only way to get anything going is to wait until one has finished, close BT and then open it again. Then we enter the same pattern described above, the first to start downloads, whilst the rest sit at Checked 0.0%. The question to the guys above is are you downloading via a proxy? If so try not downloading by Proxy, I have a suspicion it might be something to do with that feature \ ability, it used to be fine as a feature a couple of versions ago but now seems to stumble. I also noted that with version 7.8 my max download speeds are off by about 400kb, and whilst we all know that download speeds can vary wildly due to numerous factors, I've been running things down at a reliable 1.5-1.6Mbps for so long that when the speed dropped it was something I noticed. It might be completely unrelated of course but is nevertheless an observation. My "Maximum number of Active Torrents (upload and download)" is set to 400 (which I'd never even get close to I should add, and "Max Active Downloads" is set to 400 as well. In the Number of Connections section on Bandwidth (reading top to bottom) I use, 400, 400 and 4. These settings to date have always served me well and the rest are pretty much left at default. As a side note when you uninstall BT, it's worth scooting round your hard drive and checking for any rogue files \ folders that haven't gone, you may need to set View \ Hidden Files and folders to do this. That's what I had to do when I had a problem with my previous BT version and then I installed V7.8 which resolved the issue I was having with whatever that previous version \ build was. My 7.8 is build 29421 (32-bit).