Is there a formal process for requesting torrent reseeds?

Guest Kent Paul Dolan

Guest Kent Paul Dolan

About 20% of the torrents I try to download turn out to be orphans -- they may have downloader peers, and those downloader peers may have portions of the torrent, but there is no seed to allow a torrent to be downloaded to completion.

I'm guessing the "tracing piracy backward to its orgin" issue makes this very difficult -- one certainly cannot send the original uploader an email -- but does any other formal way exist to give reseeding a nudge exist?

I tend to retire torrents when I have sent out data equivalent to 100 copies, but see at the end of such efforts very few seeders for that torrent.

This leads to torrents becoming orphans easily.

xanthian.

• 2 months later...
Guest ChasUGC

If the torrent has no seeds, it is useless to download from it. A lot of time it has to do with the age of the torrent. The original poster may have seeded it for a while and moved on, and the downloaders stopped seeding it and it died. I sometimes see 17 people downloading a file with no seeders. It ridiculous. They will all stay at 99.8% forever, with no seeders. Don't waste your time trying to download a file with no seeders. Find another torrent with seeders.

Archived