Installer Stuck on OS X 10.9 Mavericks

thegreatnorth

I just ran into the exact same issue.  On a fresh install the BitTorrent installer cant get past declining the offer... I never tried accepting the offer for obvious reasons.  However, on another mac, I upgraded to OSX 10.9 and BitTorrent is still working fine.  Seems to be a problem just with the installer.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help with your specific problem.  I just wanted to verify the issue and let others know the app will work if you upgrade.

I just tried that, still unsuccessful. I'm trying to use 7.3.5. I don't know if the unexpected quitting is linked to my machine, it's brand new, one of the MBP's that were released earlier this week.

Anyone else having issues with BitTorrent quitting before completing the update to 7.4.1?

Maybe you should clear the caches.

As for cache files, they are also in two places:
/Library/Caches (for all users)
/Users/username/Library/Caches (for just you)

to play safe, try to copy them to another location and delete the original one.

and please tell us if the problem persist so that we can assist you further.

I don't even appear to have a Library folder. It's stressing me out making the transition from Windows to Mac, I don't understand anything. Besides, BitTorrent 7.3.5 is working okay so I guess I'll just continue using that until such a time when I can update it successfully.

that's a good choice. I found that older version of bittorrent works without any problem too. however if you're planning to give another shot to install 7.4.1 you can do it this way:

1. Download official installer of bittorrent 7.4.1 (the installer is a .pkg file)

2. Download Pacifist here: http://www.charlessoft.com

3. Install Pacifist and run it.

4. Click on 'Open Package' and select your newly download .pkg file

5. Navigate to 'Content of Bittorrent.pkg'. You can see 'Bittorrent.app' there.

6. Select 'Bittorrent.app' and click 'extract to' button located at the top.

7. Select where you want to extract (I prefer Desktop) and you'll have the Bittorrent.app.

8. Finally, just drag and drop Bittorrent.app to Application folder and you're done.

it's easy actually and can be done in less than 5 minutes. Good luck.

Updating from 7.3.5 didn't work for me but this worked perfect!

that's a good choice. I found that older version of bittorrent works without any problem too. however if you're planning to give another shot to install 7.4.1 you can do it this way:

1. Download official installer of bittorrent 7.4.1 (the installer is a .pkg file)

2. Download Pacifist here: http://www.charlessoft.com

3. Install Pacifist and run it.

4. Click on 'Open Package' and select your newly download .pkg file

5. Navigate to 'Content of Bittorrent.pkg'. You can see 'Bittorrent.app' there.

6. Select 'Bittorrent.app' and click 'extract to' button located at the top.

7. Select where you want to extract (I prefer Desktop) and you'll have the Bittorrent.app.

8. Finally, just drag and drop Bittorrent.app to Application folder and you're done.

it's easy actually and can be done in less than 5 minutes. Good luck.

Archived