bittorrent stops downloading all torrents??

tarabryan

I run windows XP, I have been using bittorret for many years. All of a sudden 3 days ago whenever I try and download a torrent, any type of torrent be it dvd,music any, I now get an error message that system cannot find path specified. The torrent then stops....I am running bittorrent 7.8.1

Before you reply by telling me the file name is wrong. or has to many periods or not enough periods or windows cannot read the file name etc..I have even tried downloading torrents that I previously downloaded, watched then  delleted..please be advised that  "YES" the torrents I am attempting ARE good torrents,properly named etc...ie. Im talking about well known uploaders such as jaybob, ettv, eztv etc...and I only ever download torrents that I have read the feedback on, checked the hashtags, verified the torrent...I know the difference between a verified, good, healthy torrent- and a bad,fake, or even questionable torrent...so it is NOT the specific torrent(s) that Im attempting to dl that  are bad here....the names of the torrents are also fine, also my operating system is fine...I def. have no viruses....the only thing that has changed ,as far as I can tell, is that bit torrent has stopped working correctly...Im not sure if a new version has been installed (an update) in the past few days or not? any ideas??

PS>

I did find a fix..  as soon as torrent starts to dl I stop it,go to advanced, reset the bans, back to advanced,reconfirm dl location. ie my documets>downloads,back to advanced, set dl name( which I keep the same, I just click OK) if I do these steps... then the torrent will work (download)...this is strange, and a bit of a nuisance....help?? anyone know why this is now happening, or what I can do to fix this somewhat annoying issue??

thanks a bunch in advance...and a huge thanks to the makers of this software that allow me to dl all this free content in the first place! Thank you from my heart!!

Archived