BitTorrent always crashes after update

lao

I updated my previous bittorrent to 7.8.2 (build 30182) this morning and after pressing the finish button, bittorrent appears then just closes then it says bittorrent crashed. i've searched for solutions here in the forum but the solutions doesn't work for me. i've already tried deleting settings.dat and settings.dat.old, reinstalling with my antivirus disabled, and reinstalling with the internet disabled. nothing works. i've been using bittorrent for many years now and this is the first time this happened to me. my laptop is windows 7 home 64 bit. pls help

• 3 weeks later...

have you tried this, i also had this problem till past week. First disable or turnoff the windows firewall or any of the firewall you using and then try to run the bittorrent. If it worked then go to the windows firewall and then click on the "allow a program or feature through windows firewall " on the left side of the window --> then click on the  "change settings" --> check if the bittorrent (TCP In) and (UDP In) is been checked or ticked, if they are then uncheck them. Reply to me if it worked or not :)

Archived