Seeding

Guest torrent_noob

Guest torrent_noob

Okay, so I'm a noob at using BitTorrent. I'd like to know how seeding actually looks like because from what I've read, seeding is like uploading but my client always looks like this (please only look at the seeding torrent at the very bottom of the torrent list):

torrent.jpg

Seeding has always looked like that for me: no numbers appeared on the 'Up Speed' column, no matter how long I leave it to seed. Is there even supposed to be numbers appearing there when seeding?

• 2 weeks later...

Well by the looks of this, no one is downloading that file at the moment (it has 77 seeds, but not leechers). In other words, everyone that wanted the file already has it.

2 other things tho... You seem to have a lot of torrents open at the same times, which could slow all of them down... and it also seems like you might have a connection problem (firewall maybe?), with the yellow triangle in the lower right corner... Try to fix whatever problems there is, and it could change your download speed by a lot.

What does it mean when the arrows go red....Click on trackers and they all say connection closed by peer..in yet it is still uploading/downloading?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I have a dumb question, sorry if it´s obvious,

when you become a seeder do you need to leave open the bit torrent aplication?

or can you just leave the torrent seeding, close it, and will it still seed even if the program is closed?

and everytime i turn on my computer do I need to open bit torrent for it to seed? or can it start to seed automatically

when I connect to the internet?

Thanks in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived