How To Disable The Dht ?

marcel5432

I want to run bleep without th DHT: which exposes my IP Address.

Can I disable the DHT and where do I enter the direct IP of a friend ? I just want to maintain one direct IP connection manually entered.

Is bleep just a mean to maintain the DHT, which has a decresaing userbase ?

I want to run bleep without th DHT: which exposes my IP Address.

Can I disable the DHT and where do I enter the direct IP of a friend ? I just want to maintain one direct IP connection manually entered.

Is bleep just a mean to maintain the DHT, which has a decresaing userbase ?

This is a pre-alpha, not a final product. If you don't know what that implies, you probably shouldn't have installed it.

This is a pre-alpha, not a final product. If you don't know what that implies, you probably shouldn't have installed it.

The OP was asking a legitimate question. No need to be an ass about it. Rather, why not just answer the question in a constructive way, like "Bleep does not support this-or-that at the moment". Or, on the other hand, if you don't have an answer, then please don't post.

Guest arvid

it's an interesting idea, and not very complicated to add to the underlying engine. exposing it in the client is a little bit more complicated though.

The OP was asking a legitimate question. No need to be an ass about it. Rather, why not just answer the question in a constructive way, like "Bleep does not support this-or-that at the moment". Or, on the other hand, if you don't have an answer, then please don't post.

I wasn't being an ass. I was being honest and direct. It's a pre-alpha, and as such is testing out what basically amounts to a proof-of-concept application. Simply asking about an option to disable DHT, which I fully support, is completely acceptable. However, insinuating that the option isn't in this version (a pre-alpha) "in order for Bittorrent to maintain the DHT, which has a decresaing userbase " is an unjustifiable accusation. This directly implies that he expected the functionality to be there, indicating that he probably doesn't understand what a pre-alpha is. As such, I don't see a problem with my comment since I was actually addressing the OP's statement. He probably shouldn't be using it if he doesn't know what to expect and is disappointed by a lack of features in the UI.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived