Bittorrent Will Not Launch

Guest Brian

I have been using BitTorrent just fine until yesterday when it appeared to minimize of it's own volition.  Now, it won't open at all.  I have tried deleting the settings files, uninstalling / reinstalling, It appears to come up once in awhile, but it disappears again right away.  Can you guide me?

I've had a similar issue on my end as well. I had selected the update option for BitTorrent when I last opened the program a few days ago. When nothing was going on afterward and the program appeared to be minimized, I forced the program to close and attempted to restart it. Afterward, I received a dialog box saying “BitTorrent failed to update. Please try again.”

I then deleted the program altogether and downloaded the installation software for the latest version from the main site. Whether I run it as Administrator or not, I still get the same dialog box as above. Afterward, whenever I try to open it, it does nothing unless I manually shut it down in the task manager, and then it just repeats the process above when I try opening it again. Even with that and subsequent restarts for the computer, nothing appears to be working.

Any suggestions on what to do here? Fyi, I run Windows 7 on a Dell laptop. Thanks in advance.

Archived