Transfer Cap Not Working for Uploads

JohnS43

I have my transfer cap set at 230GB for both uploads and downloads. When the limit is reached, downloads stop, and I get the "Stopped by Transfer Cap" notice in the status bar. However, uploads are continuing at 100kB/s (the upload cap) even after downloads stop, and the "Uploaded + Downloaded" total is up to 231.5 GB and rising. Why is this happening, and how do I stop it?

I second that.

Actually, I think I figured it out. I looked to see which files were uploading, and noticed all of them had the [F] symbol next to them, indicating I'd made them a "forced start." I assumed that only applied to downloads and not uploads, but I guess I was wrong because once I changed the status back to eliminate the [F] the uploading ceased immediately.

• 6 months later...
Guest JohnS43

OK, now I have a different problem. I want to set my transfer cap to allow uploads, but not downloads. I thought I input the parameters correctly: I used the last 30 days of downloads to show as the transfer cap maximum for downloads, and set it to apply to downloads only. But both uploads and downloads have stopped. How do I get uploads to resume with no cap?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived