Where is a downloaded file on BitTorrrent?

Guest Paul Palmer

Guest Paul Palmer

I am new torrent user. I installed BitTorrent which went well. I chose to download an E-book file with a size of 3.4GB containing, according to the promotions, 2500 E-books. I downloaded Calibre to be ready to read the file when it arrived.

I found the source of the torrent file and set up a download. Everything seemed to be going fine. The bar at the bottom showed a number of different pieces that seemed to add up and fill in to the complete file (I am guessing this is what it means since nothing explained it). After a few hours it was complete and when I click on Completed in the upper left menu it does show the file name properly. Only one problem. The file size is given as 1.04 MB, as though this is all I could hope for. When I check on my computer, indeed all I have is a 1.075 MB rar file. Why did BitTorrent work so hard for so long to download a 1 MB file which is not what I want, has some unknown relation to what I wanted and which I could have downloaded in a few seconds normally.

I get the feeling that everything is proceeding correctly according to someone else's playlist that I am not privy to. Is there something I am supposed to understand about this process that I do not? Did the 3.4 GB file actually come in somehow but is lurking where I can't see it?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lightner

all i know is that a .rar file is a compressed version of the file you want so perhaps if you extract the .rar file with say....poweriso then maybe it will b the size you want it to b.

Archived