Cannot Remove Labels

quasimoto

This week I upgraded to BitTorrent 7.6 and the Label functionality has been redesigned.

Perhaps, there is a manual or instructions that I missed. I didn't put this in troubleshooting in case of user error. Seriously, I have been mistaken many times before, but, on to my problem.

There is now a Set Primary option, which seems kinda nifty. But there is no longer a Remove Label option.

Ahah! The Label pop-up menu toggles on and off for multiple catagories, you say.

But some labels display in the Label column in the Torrent list, and I cannot remove them. They are not selected in the right-click-Label menu.

• I've tried combinations of selecting new Primary Labels, and trying to de-select the label. No joy.
  • I've tried changing to the Label Category from the list (the torrent is listed there), the Category Label is not listed as an option in the Label menu.
  • I've tried changing the Primary label. No joy.
  • I've gone into every Category Label, and tried all of the above. No joy.

As, I like to mention some other unexplained behavior noticed during all of this.

Sometimes (not every time) after selecting a new Primary Label, or selecting / deselecting a Label, all of the torrents in the Category Label will be selected.

Sometimes (not every time) after selecting a new Primary Label, or selecting / deselecting a Label, the Category Label that I had selected, suddenly changes to a different Category Label.

I don't want to remove the torrent and download it again if possible, that resets my stats for the torrent.

Your help would be much appreciated.

This week I upgraded to BitTorrent 7.6 and the Label functionality has been redesigned.

Perhaps, there is a manual or instructions that I missed. I didn't put this in troubleshooting in case of user error. Seriously, I have been mistaken many times before, but, on to my problem.

There is now a Set Primary option, which seems kinda nifty. But there is no longer a Remove Label option.

Ahah! The Label pop-up menu toggles on and off for multiple catagories, you say.

But some labels display in the Label column in the Torrent list, and I cannot remove them. They are not selected in the right-click-Label menu.

• I've tried combinations of selecting new Primary Labels, and trying to de-select the label. No joy.
  • I've tried changing to the Label Category from the list (the torrent is listed there), the Category Label is not listed as an option in the Label menu.
  • I've tried changing the Primary label. No joy.
  • I've gone into every Category Label, and tried all of the above. No joy.

As, I like to mention some other unexplained behavior noticed during all of this.

Sometimes (not every time) after selecting a new Primary Label, or selecting / deselecting a Label, all of the torrents in the Category Label will be selected.

Sometimes (not every time) after selecting a new Primary Label, or selecting / deselecting a Label, the Category Label that I had selected, suddenly changes to a different Category Label.

I don't want to remove the torrent and download it again if possible, that resets my stats for the torrent.

Your help would be much appreciated.

I'm copying and pasting from our posts in because they actually belong here.

You wrote in the other topic:

View PostHarold Feit, on 11 February 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

Blitz, none of the settings ANY of the people are complaining that are missing have actually been removed.

It's actually insulting to us to say it has when it hasn't.

I wrote:

I apologize if I insulted you. I was trying to be matter of fact, with the exception of the colors. They will take me some getting used to.

If I'm incorrect about F1/Help, the Label Problem, or Virus Guard, please let me know how to fix them or tell me what I'm doing wrong and I will gladly retract my statements with much gratitude and a heartfelt apology.

You answered:

Virus Guard has been discontinued, F1 needs work, the label system got redesigned to allow a torrent to have multiple labels.

To which I replied:

Yes, I saw your post in http://forum.bittorr...pgrading-to-76/, about Virus Guard being discontinued. My question in that post remains, is there a replacement or another antivirus app available? A 'no" or a "yes-App abc" is all we need, then you can close that topic.

F1/Help is not a big problem for me. For now I just go to Help > BitTorrent FAQ and I can get to help at BitTorrent. I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.

I understand that the Labels were redesigned to allow multiple categories for a torrent. I found that out by accident. My problem is in that I have multiple labels for some torrents that I cannot remove. The only way that I have found is to remove the torrent and DL it again, but that resets my UL and ratio stats for the torrent, not good for determining when to stop seeding. I opened a different topic at http://forum.bittorr...-remove-labels/ (this topic) for the label problem.

Now back to this topic:

Since I last wrote in this topic, I was trying to remove a label from one torrent with multiple labels and every torrent label in that category was changed. I usually DL torrents, place them in a category to either keep, save until seeded to 1.0+, or to remove immediately. Labels not working correctly makes it hard for me to follow proper seeding etiquette.

I guess that is where it leaves us with labels.

• 1 month later...

I have been removing torrents, DL'ing them again, creating new labels, and trying other permutations of adding and removing labels and have found out the following:

• The original problem label/category was only solved by removing the torrent and DL again to the destination. It worked, but I lost all upload and ratio data.
  • I created another label to take the place of the old label in case it was somehow corrupted. I wasn't able to remove this new label either, and I tried creating other labels to try to recreate the problem.
  • Through trial and error, it appears that an ampersand (&) is in each of the label names that became problems.

Is this a bug? It didn't use to be a problem until the label redesign.

Archived